Old 27-06-2021, 09:11 PM
langman78 (Ben)

Time for a tripod upgrade

Hi folks.
Looking at a tripod upgrade for wide field AP. I did recently come across a Neewer 66 which had pretty good reviews, but diving deeper into reviews it seems there are many mixed reactions regarding overall build quality which has put me off. I did over the weekend come across a brand called ARTCISE (formally known as INNOREL) who make a range of tripods. This one in particular caught my eye:
http://www.amazon.com.au/Carbon-Ultr...59dc53c95d7e&p

Seems like a lot on bang for your buck and have an impressive payload of 20kgs. Have great reviews online with performance and build quality to match. Wondering if anyone here has used or knows of this tripod?
Thanks for reading,

Ben
Old 28-06-2021, 08:37 AM
AdamJL

Never heard of them, but the Chinese companies are making some good quality cheap stuff.

I have Manfrotto, Gitzo, Sirui and Feisol tripods. Manfrotto are nice but pricey for what they are. Gitzo are also pricey but built like tanks (well, my version for the Canon super teles is anyway).
But I use the Sirui and Feisol tripods the most. They're super light, and my Sirui is waterproof as well so I use it for sunrise seaside shots.

The tripod you linked to looks great. So long as you don't use it near the ocean (those locks always end up getting crusty sea salt in the nooks and crevices even if you keep it clean) it'll be fine.
Old 12-10-2021, 11:17 AM
awbroady (Andrew)

I recently spent some time researching camera tripods for my 80mm/625mm refractor.

I ended up with a Benro A4580T after reading some good reviews. It has a 25kg payload, is rock solid, well built and comes in a bit cheaper than the higher end brands.

Andrew
Old 12-10-2021, 12:08 PM
jahnpahwa (JP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awbroady View Post
I recently spent some time researching camera tripods for my 80mm/625mm refractor.

I ended up with a Benro A4580T after reading some good reviews. It has a 25kg payload, is rock solid, well built and comes in a bit cheaper than the higher end brands.

Andrew

Those specs are impressive! 2.92kg for 25kg rating is a very good combo.

I've had a similar Benro for a while now and have found it to be great.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:47 PM
Hemi

I have the peak design travel tripod in Carbon Fibre. It’s a bit quirky, but phenomenally ergonomic. I’ve had it for 2 years and it’s a pleasure to use (and carry). On balance it’s probably the best tripod I’ve had. So much so, that I sold my Sirui, manfrotto, and 3 legged (each acquired in search of that perfect fit)

My main use cases for the PD…
1. Canon R5 (or similar body). Sigma 60-600 (heaviest lens I have), but usually something smaller. Sigma 14 or Canon 24-70, 24-240.
2. Sky Watcher AZ GTI with Tak 60FSQ (for visual)

It works perfectly in these scenarios. It’s expensive but worth it IMO and there isn’t anything similar.

I wouldn’t mind a beefy Gitzo systematic at some stage.
Old 13-10-2021, 06:31 AM
awbroady (Andrew)

The peak design tripod is certainly very compact/lightweight.

One of the main benefits of the Benro was it's max height of 186cm which was higher than most other tripods I looked at.
When using with my 15x70 binoculars it allows me to stand up straight when looking near the zenith.