Old 23-10-2021, 12:12 PM
garymck (Gary)

Camera to monitor equipment in obs?

Hi,
looking for suggestions as to what type of camera I should use to monitor the inside of my obs whilst I relax inside the house and image remotely? Have tried a decent webcam, but does not have enough sensitivity in the dark. Not sure what to get.

TIA
Gary
Old 23-10-2021, 01:00 PM
glend (Glen)

There are a number of wireless farm gate type cameras, also used to snap wildlife at night. Easy to mount. Weather proof as well.
Something like this,

https://au.kentfaith.com/KF35.004_kf...iABEgKyS_D_BwE

There are also normal home security type camwra s you can buy at JB Hifi.
Old 23-10-2021, 01:37 PM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Dont like the idea of 48 IR leds pointing at your scope when you are imaging. Something like an ASI120MM is plenty sensitive enough to monitor the scope with no IR lighting and it comes with a wide angle lens.
Old 23-10-2021, 06:42 PM
glend (Glen)

I suggest you remote your laptop app visibility into the house, using something like Team viewer ( which can be setup to only operate within your Wi-Fi network, no internet connection). I used yo sit in the house with a Team viewer screen open on my Notebook, which allowed me to see what SGP was doing in real time. It would throw up the last image in the sequence, report any issues, show where It was in the sequence, allow complete control from my lounge room. If your mount is run off an app on your laptop that to can be seen and controlled via Team viewer.
Yes Windows Remote works too. Just make sure you have turned off any WIN update functions so there are no surprises.
Old 25-10-2021, 06:02 AM
NorthernLight (Max)
Settled

In case you already own a Canon DSLR, you could use it as a webcam via their new app for windows/Mac. Works from a 650D up and can be run with a wide lens at Max ISO, not pretty perhaps but miles better than a micro sensor webcam.