Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2021, 12:05 PM
xthestreams (Paul)
photon disrupter

SkyWatcher 72ED and accessories

The clean goes on. With Lars having parted me from my hard earned, I need to follow the "one in, one out" policy and am parting ways with my Skywatcher 72ED and accessories, either together or as components. (Bintel prices not including shipping are used for comparison purposes)

Skywatcher 72ED in original case $500 ($699+ new)
  • The scope is in lovely condition with one minor dust mote on the inside of the primary (the only downside of it being a doublet with a Crayford, the tube is effectively open at one end). Does not impact performance in any way to the point where I couldn't manage to get an image of it to share - but I like to be very clear when selling. The case itself has minor weathering/corrosion on the catches being the only part not made from aluminium as a result of condensation from a particularly dewy night.
Skywatcher 72ED reducer/flattener $350 ($449+ new)
  • Takes the 72ED down to a stupidly fast & wide f/4.93 with the added benbefit of sealing the OTA against dust.
Deepskydad AF3 automatic focuser with temp control $180 ($280+ new)
  • A great little product with 2x spare belts and 1x spare pulley including the mounting bracket for the Skywatcher dual speed Crayford focuser. Includes a temperature probe and works with both ASCOM and INDI drivers.

There's a second mounting bracket I must have purchased for another OTA but *&^% if I can remember what it is (possibly for an ED80?) - I will update if I can find the original paperwork. The brackets themselves are 3D printed, so you could conceivably print your own. This kit would cost new without shipping. https://deepskydad.com/autofocuser3

$950 as a bundle not including shipping/insurance (ex-Melbourne)

NB - if you are looking at this as a package, the Skywatcher Crayford is not a Moonlite and might struggle with a heavy payload - I personally found it worked great with a OSC camera, not so well with a fully loaded Mono, filters wheel and OAG :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Skywatcher 72ED.jpg)
192.4 KB173 views
Click for full-size image (72ED reducer.jpg)
113.6 KB120 views
Click for full-size image (Deep Sky Dad AF3.jpg)
194.9 KB134 views

Last edited by xthestreams; 05-10-2021 at 10:24 AM. Reason: price reduced