Old 01-01-2017, 09:16 PM
Red_Dog (Rod)

Woof from Red_Dog

G'day folks.
A quiet end to 2016 with my new Bresser AR127 L apo.
I've only got a very small viewing window to the SW from my backyard but did manage to get to know the scope a bit.
Moon is delightful in sharp detail and contrast.
Saturn was better than expected, need one more lens to reach maximum mag.
Managed to get a few spots of dirt on one of the lens the first night l used it, no idea how, still there too.
I live in a very light polluted area so no clusters or DS viewing yet.
Bring on 2017 l say.
Will be heading across Aust and back for 3 weeks on my motorbike soon, Perth, Melb, Canb, Perth. Taking my trusty 10x50 bino's. Should be great viewing out on the Nullabor and the top of high country and southern NSW. I travel the dirt roads less travelled and do it slowly.
When back I'll get that dirt off the lens, load up the campervan and head out with the scope for a night or two every month.
I hear there's quite a few enthusiasts on my side of town so look forward to meet and greets as well as some WA Stargazers events hopefully.
Shopping list for this year will be one lens, moon filter and a filter to help with CA on planets.
Happy New Year everyone, eye's up.

Last edited by Red_Dog; 02-01-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:39 AM
leon

Hi Rod, well that will be a quick trip across the Nullabor but i am sure you will love it, it is as black as ink out there and the stars nearly cast a shadow.

Hope this year is good to you.

leon
Old 06-01-2017, 05:02 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Awsome Red , we need to catch up when work and all allow . I am only 10 minites from you and visa/versa .

Glad you scope is performing , tonight looks to be a good one , I will set up my 127mm iStar later on ,,,, all going well.

On the dirt spot , dont touch it unless its one of those terrible brown sap drops that are thick here in Rockingham at the moment , if so do a google on how to get these off .

Brian.