Old 16-10-2021, 12:30 PM
Spidy (Phil)

Image orientation of Edge HD

Can anyone confirm the image orientation seen by the camera directly attached in a "straight through" orientation, that is, without using a star diagonal?

The image below is from the Celestron manual but I'm not certain if the eyepiece reverses the image and therefore the camera does bot, so image will only be flipped vertically, as in the middle image above.

Can anyone confirm please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Image orientation.JPG)
51.5 KB15 views
Old 16-10-2021, 10:56 PM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

One way you could check is by pointing the scope + camera at a target with a readily recognisable and distinct pattern or handedness, such as an asterism or Jupiter if the GRS and/or moons showing. In the latter case, it’s straightforward to identify the North vs South hemisphere and preceding/trailing edges.

Sorry I don’t have the answer you seek, I’ve found it to be irrelevant in imaging…
Old 17-10-2021, 07:57 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
Can anyone confirm the image orientation seen by the camera directly attached in a "straight through" orientation, that is, without using a star diagonal?

The image below is from the Celestron manual but I'm not certain if the eyepiece reverses the image and therefore the camera does bot, so image will only be flipped vertically, as in the middle image above.

Can anyone confirm please?
The image is mirrored only if you have an odd number of mirrors. So it's not in a newt or sct. It is in a rasa or hyperstar. It is if you introduce a diagonal in a newt or sct.
Old 17-10-2021, 04:33 PM
Spidy (Phil)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
The image is mirrored only if you have an odd number of mirrors. So it's not in a newt or sct. It is in a rasa or hyperstar. It is if you introduce a diagonal in a newt or sct.

Interesting, thanks.