Old 16-09-2020, 08:03 AM
StevenR (Steven)

Hi Patrice,

Thank you for the reply. I've requested access to the ISS GitHub files and will visit the French site soon. I'm slowly working through the circuit diagram and firmware code to understand the design and operation of the camera. Oh yes, I'll order some PCBs this week -- but not from EBay. Thanks again Patrice. Talk soon.
Old 19-09-2020, 10:15 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the build and to the group. Apart from the adventure of building it, you will find that the camera works really, really well.

Patrice already pointed you to the latest firmware/software on github. I would suggest using that over the Ukrainian firmware/drivers (but then I am probably biased as I wrote lots of additions to the original Ukrainian drivers and firmware).
I have been working on updates to the software/firmware since the end of the last year but the life got in the way...

Fire away with any questions that you may have.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:50 AM
StevenR (Steven)

Thank you Luka, it's great to hear from you. I've been reading over various threads and love your work!

Like you, life is getting in the way at the moment (I'm getting married this weekend ). But once the excitement is over I'll be back to the camera. My new wife knows about my CAM86 obsession and is very supportive (I hope it lasts)

Meanwhile, how do I get access to the Google Drive where design documents and source code is stored? Do you store your code in a GitHUB repo?

kind regards
Steven
Old 12-10-2020, 02:52 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Steven, congratulations on getting married. Wait until the kids come, then there won't be any time at all left for cam86

The source code is all on github, see here (and the links within).
The latest version that I am working on is not there yet:
1. It is still work in progress.
2. It is for a camera with a slightly modified hardware so it won't work on everybody else's cameras yet.

Can you PM me your email so I can share the GD with you.

By the way, the work-in-progress source code is on the GD but always use the latest version from the github. The software is quite mature and I am almost out of ideas what else to add, only small tweaks here and there.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:56 PM
9artus (Jack)

Failed Cam86

This is my first post to the group. I have built and debugged many sma boards over the years as related to amateur radio; but, I am unable to get a CAM-86 running. The board voltages are correct and the the board appear to work through the steps of setting the fuses and programming the ATMEGA. I even tacked an ICSP connector and verified the fuses and program with AVRDudess.

However, I see no timing signals on my scope from PC1-6 ports on the ATMEGA. I installed the ASCOM drivers. The CAM86 viewer recognizes the camera but there is nothing but a black image. I did not install C15,C16 as noted the developers' site. Also, I have spent a great deal of time with a 10x loupe looking for issues. I am suspecting a failed component -- some of which I have had to source from China, but wonder if anyone else might have a suggestion. I am assuming that the failure to detect timing signals is indicative of the problem. Thank you for any advice.

Jack (Jack Generaux-- Kansas City)
Old 18-11-2021, 10:43 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Hi Jack
Not sure what is causing the problem. Can I suggest you ask the question in the original Ukrainian forum (Google translate works quite well for it). Rim, who originally designed the camera, is very helpful and can hopefully diagnose the problem quickly, or point you in the right direction.
Luka