Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Solar System

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 29-09-2021, 05:35 PM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,870
Saturn RGB 22/09/2021

Here's Saturn in RGB from Wednesday last week. Seeing was unfortunately not as good as the night before for me, probably because of the day heat. This time I tried to stream with FireCapture in 16bit SER see if I could get more details and a better dynamic range. Turns out there is a bug in v2.7 if you set the WgreenOffset to a non zero value. The greater the value the worse the offset in the green channel. You can see it in those two stacks of Jupiter. The clear one was captured with Sharpcap. The bug will be fixed in the next distro for FireCapture. You can read about it here. Just be aware of it for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (2021-09-22-1140-RGB-Sat.jpg)
63.0 KB75 views
Click for full-size image (2021-09-22-1033_4-U-RGB-Jup_l5_ap136.jpg)
84.5 KB49 views
Click for full-size image (2021-09-23-1339_4__l5_ap147_RX.jpg)
176.5 KB53 views
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29-09-2021, 07:24 PM
Dave882 (David)
Registered User

Dave882 is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: PADSTOW
Posts: 363
All things considered itís a pretty good result mate!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-09-2021, 08:03 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 11,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Here's Saturn in RGB from Wednesday last week. Seeing was unfortunately not as good as the night before for me, probably because of the day heat. This time I tried to stream with FireCapture in 16bit SER see if I could get more details and a better dynamic range. Turns out there is a bug in v2.7 if you set the WgreenOffset to a non zero value. The greater the value the worse the offset in the green channel. You can see it in those two stacks of Jupiter. The clear one was captured with Sharpcap. The bug will be fixed in the next distro for FireCapture. You can read about it here. Just be aware of it for now.
The price you pay for living on the bleeding edge Marc and pushing the envelope...

Cheers

Dennis
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-09-2021, 08:26 AM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave882 View Post
All things considered itís a pretty good result mate!
Thanks. I've had better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
The price you pay for living on the bleeding edge Marc and pushing the envelope...

Cheers

Dennis
Thanks Dennis. That was frustrating because I only noticed it the following day and that was the best night out of the two. Not sure if I can get that green channel back yet so I kept the streams just in case.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-09-2021, 10:14 AM
RB's Avatar
RB (Andrew)
Moderator

RB is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 24,273
Oh very nice mate !!
Conditions were against you but you managed to get nice detail.
Have you heard of Topaz Ai?
You may be able to put more detail back in with it!

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-09-2021, 10:15 AM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
Oh very nice mate !!
Conditions were against you but you managed to get nice detail.
Have you heard of Topaz Ai?
You may be able to put more detail back in with it!

Yeah you're right. Let me get back to you. Thanks for the tips.

PS: You know what? I didn't think I could tease out anymore details but what do you know... Check this out. I wonder if I could bring out Mars ring next when it's up?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (2021-09-01-1040_8-U-RGB-Sat_repro.jpg)
143.7 KB48 views

Last edited by multiweb; 30-09-2021 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-09-2021, 10:49 AM
RB's Avatar
RB (Andrew)
Moderator

RB is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 24,273
Amazing difference !!!

Teasing out Uranus in the FOV is quite an achievement !!

This is now IOTW.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-09-2021, 12:14 PM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
Amazing difference !!!

Teasing out Uranus in the FOV is quite an achievement !!

This is now IOTW.

OMG! Thanks for the nice comments and encouragements. I feel humbled (and a little bit honored too).

PS: I'm doing a repro. It seems the AI was trained on Jupiter and I'm wondering now if the details a truely legit. I'v just downloaded the new version that was trained on orange peels and I'm confident I'll be able to extract the texture from the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30-09-2021, 12:30 PM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
Amazing difference !!!

Teasing out Uranus in the FOV is quite an achievement !!

This is now IOTW.

Well... I can see some unexpected details popped up with the new AI version. I'm quite chuffed to look different though. The polar pot is rarely imaged. I couldn't find any other rendition on the internet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (2021-09-22-1140-RGB-Sat_orange.jpg)
156.5 KB27 views
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30-09-2021, 12:52 PM
Logieberra's Avatar
Logieberra (Logan)
Registered User

Logieberra is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canberra
Posts: 1,623
Apod!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 30-09-2021, 01:00 PM
troypiggo's Avatar
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

troypiggo is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 4,846
Why is it that you always seem to have trouble with too much green?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 30-09-2021, 01:00 PM
peter_4059's Avatar
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

peter_4059 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 4,480
Revolutionary groundbreaking stuff. I think APOT worthy.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 30-09-2021, 01:04 PM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logieberra View Post
Apod!
Thanks a lot for the good vibes Logan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troypiggo View Post
Why is it that you always seem to have trouble with too much green?
Hey Troy! How ave you been? I know mate... it's that mandarine plugin for TOPAZ AI. But who am I to argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
Revolutionary groundbreaking stuff. I think APOT worthy.
APOT. Nailed it on the head peter. There are two school of thought when it comes to processing. The "Purists" and the "Fruitcakes". I feel like I have crossed a threshold in my journey of new unleashed creativity and I am now a proud member of the latter.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 30-09-2021, 01:16 PM
RB's Avatar
RB (Andrew)
Moderator

RB is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 24,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
APOT. Nailed it on the head peter. There are two school of thought when it comes to processing. The "Purists" and the "Fruitcakes". I feel like I have crossed a threshold in my journey of new unleashed creativity and I am now a proud member of the latter.
Astonishing detail !!
Artistic extrodinair.
Next, you'll be cutting off your ear.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 30-09-2021, 01:22 PM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
Astonishing detail !!
Artistic extrodinair.
Next, you'll be cutting off your ear.

Thanks mate. No need. I have an appt Monday at my local hair dresser who hasn't cut one single hair since June. I'm looking forward to new ears.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 30-09-2021, 02:00 PM
irwjager's Avatar
irwjager (Ivo)
Registered User

irwjager is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 531
These sort of low-effort images make me sad Marc. I mean, anyone can just go out and take a picture of these objects and get the same image for Pete's sake!
People really need to lift their game around here. Everyone knows you can only truly wow the kids and uncle Bob & auntie Janice with extra details and extra colours.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to learn selective masking/processing techniques and mastering the art of pulling the sliders of a neural hallucination algorithm. You won't get there without these essential skills.
Don't go overboard though. Remember, it's okay if you introduce just a little bit of made up detail. You don't want to see dog hair in Saturn's atmosphere everywhere, just a little bit.
You repros are a good start, but I cannot help to think there is more in your data.


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 30-09-2021, 02:07 PM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwjager View Post
These sort of low-effort images make me sad Marc. I mean, anyone can just go out and take a picture of these objects and get the same image for Pete's sake!
People really need to lift their game around here. Everyone knows you can only truly wow the kids and uncle Bob & auntie Janice with extra details and extra colours.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to learn selective masking/processing techniques and mastering the art of pulling the sliders of a neural hallucination algorithm. You won't get there without these essential skills.
Don't go overboard though. Remember, it's okay if you introduce just a little bit of made up detail. You don't want to see dog hair in Saturn's atmosphere everywhere, just a little bit.
You repros are a good start, but I cannot help to think there is more in your data.


Thanks for keeping me honest Ivo. I'll come clean and admit I might have pushed the chlorophyll slider a bit hard on that latest repro.
But I have some good news. I've just realised that I can sell my expensive scope and image through a coke bottle next now I'm on my way to mastering AI processing. I could save some money on the mount as well.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 30-09-2021, 08:55 PM
peter_4059's Avatar
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

peter_4059 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 4,480
Hey Marc. Ive been experimenting with AI and this thread got me wondering about a dog hair filter for some really tricky targets like pluto. Are you interested in giving it a shake?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-10-2021, 07:47 AM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
Hey Marc. Ive been experimenting with AI and this thread got me wondering about a dog hair filter for some really tricky targets like pluto. Are you interested in giving it a shake?
Upcoming with the tribbles plugin.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-10-2021, 06:40 PM
rustigsmed's Avatar
rustigsmed (Russell)
Registered User

rustigsmed is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mornington Peninsula, Australia
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Yeah you're right. Let me get back to you. Thanks for the tips.

PS: You know what? I didn't think I could tease out anymore details but what do you know... Check this out. I wonder if I could bring out Mars ring next when it's up?
:rofl :
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 10:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Limpet Controller
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Testar
Advertisement
NexDome Observatories
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement