Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 19-11-2016, 11:21 PM
VPAstro (Andrew and Cam)

SBIG ST2000xm Not Connecting after driver update

Hi All,
Hoping that someone can help me. I have an SBIG St2000xm CCD which I have been using flawlessly for the last 6 months, however tonight I have had a major breakdown. Setting up for my imaging run tonight, after polar aligning 3 star alignment, and focusing, I had an issue with cooling. I use APT for imaging, and using the cooling aid, set the temp to -10 and let it cool. The 1st issue was that it did not stop at -10 and kept cooling. After fighting with this for 30 minutes or so, I decided to use the SBIGDriverChecker to see if there were any updates to the drivers, and there was. I allowed the SBIGDriverChecker to update the driver, and then restarted. That is when the real problems started. I could no longer connect to the camera. When I plug the camera in, I here it make the usual usb connection noise, and device manager shows "SBIG Camera with firmware" and no issues. No matter which software I use, like nebulosity, APT or CCDOPS, they all state no camera present. I am hoping that the camera hasn't died. The only update to the driver was the SBIGUDRV.dll file which is now 4.96 build 3 dated 10-10-16. I can't roll back the driver to the previous version, so can't test to see if that is the issue.
Just hoping that someone can help me, or has had connectivity issues with SBIG cameras.
Thanks
Andrew...
Old 20-11-2016, 12:21 AM
VPAstro (Andrew and Cam)

I am up back and running now.
Looks like there is an error in the latest driver that gets downloaded automatically using the SBIGDriverChecker. I found out that lots of people are having this issue with Sbig cameras over at the DL forum. Someone had posted the old driver which got people up and running again. DL staff are still looking into the issue, but a standard user posted the fix which was to click the Config Drv button in the SBIGDriverChecker program and put a tick in the Asynchronous USB IO. I did this and i am now up and running.... I am grateful for that, but it was a waste of a beautiful night.
Andrew..
Old 20-11-2016, 01:38 AM
silv (Annette)