Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Terrestrial Photography

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 09:51 AM
Photo Challenge
Photo Challenge Moderator

Photo Challenge - Comments & Other Images

As only one image can be entered in the challenge, if you have more images that you want to share, you can. Please post them here on this thread.

Also, the challenge thread is only for your entries, however, if you wish to make a comment one of the entries, you can post it here in this thread.

Thanks
Old 16-05-2021, 12:58 PM
yoda776 (Matt)

Brilliant photos jbdave and UniPol. great to see some nature photos and nice and clear both of you. well done
Old 26-05-2021, 11:29 AM
Kuz

Top image Alex , you have convinced me to getting a mircoscope scope now . ( more money) . Have you had any luck yet getting a image of a moss piglet yet. Keen to see the images when you do .
Old 26-05-2021, 02:35 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuz View Post
Top image Alex , you have convinced me to getting a mircoscope scope now . ( more money) . Have you had any luck yet getting a image of a moss piglet yet. Keen to see the images when you do .
Thank you Kuz.
If you wish to only make a small investment in a microscope you may like to consider a single eye piece model which comes with a simple stage. I think a Swift model ( my tri nocular is a Swift) will cost under $150 and it has identical optics to mine.

I experimented taking a photo using my phone by simply holding it to the eyepiece. I was pleasantly surprised and post the result which was cropped but a decent result given such a simple approach. My point is you can produce a similar image with the one eyepiece unit as the optics are the same.

Try as I might I can not find a water bear.
I found some moss and have spent three days ( 3 to 4 hours each day) going all over each prepared slide but so far no result. I have had appointments each day this week and other than Monday unable to raise the strength to search, the meds are somewhat unpleasant and I find myself extremely tired...I had an early appointment this morning for example but have been sleeping all afternoon so far. And I see the cancer doctor tomorrow which is somewhat stressful and so probably no hunting when I get home.
I find many interesting other things so it is still most enjoyable.
Thanks again
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20210525_151002.jpg)
36.8 KB31 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 28-05-2021 at 05:38 AM.
Old 28-05-2021, 05:37 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

If you are still there KUZ have a look at this....

https://youtu.be/pIfSRf1DX_0

Alex
Old 28-05-2021, 05:03 PM
Kuz

Thanks for the link Alex . Finance minister (wife) has given.me rhe nod for the purchase in a couple of weeks . Just bought a skywatcher mak 180 last week . Super keen to find a moss pig myself. I have a small creek near by the looks perfect for them.
Old 30-05-2021, 09:00 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hey Kuz this is all I have to show for many hours searching (over many days) and then even when I found it many hours trying to clear it from the stuff it was tied up in...I have lost it again but this was the best photo I managed but as you can see it is still covered in vegetable matter.
alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (waterbear.jpg)
189.3 KB22 views
Old 01-06-2021, 07:42 PM
Kuz

Well done Alex thanks for posting the image mate , , I had a look at the microscope on YouTube not a Bad little setup ,especially for the price . Just started my new job today, after a enjoying 3 months off. So I will be cashed up for the microscope scope , and a eaf for the mak 180 before I now it .

Take care and happy hunting for that moss pig.
Closed Thread