Old 11-09-2021, 01:08 PM
Rocket (Ed)

ASCOM Driver for Feather Touch Digital DH-1

(I hope this is the appropriate section to post)
Can anyone point me to an ASCOM driver for the (old) Feather Touch Digtal focus motor controller, model DH-1. This has a serial port, which I am trying to run via a USB-Serial cable. The same model of cable works to interface my NEQ6 to the laptop.
I have tried the driver from the Starlight website for the Electronic Focussing System controller, but that is a much newer, USB-interfaced device, and APT cannot connect to the DH-1 using this. (APT connects to a USB HitechAstro focus controller, however).
There seem to be no legacy drivers on the Starlight website, and I havent had a response from them to my inquiries.
Thanks, Ed
Old 21-09-2021, 04:01 PM
Rocket (Ed)

Update and workaround.
I have used Orly Andico's code ( https://www.andico.org/2014/04/ardui...ontroller.html ) to make an Arduino with Adafruit motor control board look like a Moonlite focus controller. It mimics the command set, so the Moonlite ASCOM driver works. Andy's code uses a Version 1 Adafruit MotorShield, I have adapted the code to the newer Version 2 shield design.
I would still be interested in looking at the Starlite DH-1 driver, if anyone has a copy.
Cheers, Ed