Old 15-11-2007, 08:16 PM
bojan
amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshman View Post
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/K2807

this is possibly the closest i've seen on the net to what i'd be looking for, with a bit of fiddling, i reckon it could provide what is needed, the only thing to add to it would be some kind of counter. so after say 10 (variable, of course) cycles, it's turned off, or somesuch.
I think this is not a good solution, it lacks flexibility... Far better approach is old cheap laptop (or mobile phone.. load in the 400d is 33k, 3.3V so you are OK with just a transistor) + serial cable + DSLRcontrol (those offered on web require w'2000 or later, so I wrote my own app in delphi for w'95, which is running on my tabletop).
However, $80+postage is also not too bad, it saves a lot of trouble and you will have everything (except immediate download via USB etc).
Old 15-11-2007, 08:59 PM
joshman (Josh)

mmmm, i wanna put off getting a laptop until i can properly afford one, as i would be making it my mainly used computer, and only keep this old beast for downloads and number crunching (image processing and the like), so some kind of physical timer remote for the time being would be excellent!

i've still got my old nokia 6280, which i replaced with a nokia n73, so if somehting can be worked out for the 6280, that'd go well, though i am prolly better off just working with a proper remote.
Old 16-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Garyh
Amongst the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshman View Post
mmmm, i wanna put off getting a laptop until i can properly afford one, as i would be making it my mainly used computer, and only keep this old beast for downloads and number crunching (image processing and the like), so some kind of physical timer remote for the time being would be excellent!

i've still got my old nokia 6280, which i replaced with a nokia n73, so if somehting can be worked out for the 6280, that'd go well, though i am prolly better off just working with a proper remote.
Hey Josh this page might have some useful info about the pin outs to help you adapt it to other remotes?
cheers

http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/...elease40D.html