Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19-06-2022, 12:31 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

eTA rasa tESTING

It is great to get some clear sky but just a little more would be nice.
Another rush job..I found oval stars a day ago and fixed that to a degree but there is still a lot to be done to get everything working with this rig..
Fast and ruff..no focuser mask..PGN file format (cause I needed to inspect but have not downloaded a fits look at program)
30 seconds, 50 of l,ha s and o at 350 gain rather sparse data
Rushing to beat the cloud plus lost heaps.
Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker Processed in Startools sticking to settings as I found them ....colour came from the combine feature although I tried to get things balanced I am not sure how it looks..
The image got worse the more I worked on it so I stopped before it disappeared.
Happy to have some sort of result given the time pressure...
no darks or flats as I am waiting on some white T shirts and will get more serious when I get my fits reader as well...I am too tired to list all my excuses..I did what I could given the conditions etc.
i may try to get rbg tomorrow night so as to colour the stars..just to find a way to give them colour

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (ETATESTING.jpg)
219.1 KB49 views
Old 19-06-2022, 01:03 AM
glend (Glen)

Alex, I have seen worse posted here, Don't be too hard on yourself. My only observation is the fuzzy focus.
Old 19-06-2022, 07:58 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks Glen.

I think I had worn myself out by the time I posted last night and it showed.

I need to get it together and stop letting these little things get to me..I don't usually let things get to me.

Looking on the bright side the fact is I imaged until 10 pm and the clouds only took out maybe 90 subs all up...I gathered data in all channels and had something to play with....and looking at each stack now I am rather surprised and happy to have got so much in such a short time. ..it's only about 20 minutes approx per channel which is almost nothing.

Moreover I at least know what I am doing or not doing these days...certainly once I would not have noticed the small imperfections in the stars for example...plus no mask to focus, no dithering, no darks or flats and wrong file format, and crazy high gain...I got away with murder really.

And as to focus I think I may have been too harse with noise reduction..at the time I was more focused on getting rid of the noise and actually noticed a loss in detail which I should have not accepted and opted for more detail and lived with a little more noise...and having a mask no doubt comes into it.

.... getting a mask that works with that scope is a must...heck I have the EAF but from there it is guess work.

Alex
Old 19-06-2022, 08:06 AM
glend (Glen)

I am sure you know about this, but if not have a look here:

https://www.bintel.com.au/product/fa...-mask-rasa-11/

It's a start.
Old 19-06-2022, 08:19 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

John at Bintel sent me a mask but it does not show any diffraction spikes...it looks like the one you posted but I will check later...
Thanks for putting it up.

Alex
Old 19-06-2022, 12:55 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I reprocessed and used the Xelasnave pallet.
However I am working on another that should be much better as I have applied a different and hopefully more productive approach...having a nice day playing on the Lap Top

The new one I am working on is going crazy colour wise I am trying to tame it but maybe I should let it evolve

EDIT...The second one is the one I took some more care with and you may think the colour is off but you should have seen what I started with..even I could see it was green as and heaps of blue in that central region around the Key Hole....
alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (falsecolour.jpg)
222.0 KB35 views
Click for full-size image (xpal.jpg)
222.5 KB22 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 19-06-2022 at 01:46 PM.