Old 26-06-2021, 12:36 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

SkySafari Pro

Hoping someone can help. I have every conceivable sky object turned off in SkySafari, even the stars, but it's still showing a random selection of about 20 multiple star catalogue names across the screen. They're not on any of my observing lists and I really want to get rid of them to soothe my chafing OCD. Thanks in advance.
Old 26-06-2021, 02:33 PM
tempestwizz (Brian)

Maybe a screenshot would highlight what you are seeing? I’ve not had that problem.
In my experience, the people at Simulation Curriculum have been very helpful in resolving issues I’ve had.
Old 26-06-2021, 04:09 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

photo hopefully attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1624691217555.jpg)
33.9 KB88 views
Old 26-06-2021, 04:27 PM
tempestwizz (Brian)

Under ‘Settings’, have you turned off ‘Display Names’ in all of the available categories? Note also, should you wish to keep the labels, you can adjust the intensity of the displayed items, and the size of the font in those labels.
If you have things turned off already, can only suggest deleting the app, and then reloading it.
HTH, Cheers.
Old 26-06-2021, 04:40 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

They disappear when I turn off "show names" under "deep sky", but then I don't get any names for all the other stuff of course. Must be some sort of glitch. Thanks for your assistance Brian.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:03 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Do the labels seem to correspond with the actual position where is object is/should be? I’m going to have a look at mine and see what I can figure out.
under settings, deep sky, deep sky display, you can switch “show objects”, “show images” and “never show fainter than”. Tried them yet?
Old 05-07-2021, 02:37 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
Do the labels seem to correspond with the actual position where is object is/should be? I’m going to have a look at mine and see what I can figure out.
under settings, deep sky, deep sky display, you can switch “show objects”, “show images” and “never show fainter than”. Tried them yet?

Tried everything except reloading the program Peter! Turning off "show objects" gets rid of the offending multiple star names, but means I can't show anything else under the "deep sky" labels. Same for "never show fainter than".
Old 05-07-2021, 07:42 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseous View Post
Tried everything except reloading the program Peter! Turning off "show objects" gets rid of the offending multiple star names, but means I can't show anything else under the "deep sky" labels. Same for "never show fainter than".
Sorry Patrick. I can’t offer any other ideas except the one you have already suggested - delete and reinstall.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:06 AM
alval (Alan)

Have you tried a revert chart to factory defaults, before you try reinstalling. In settings under save and restore. You would still lose any saved data or settings, however might be one of them is corrupting things.
Al