Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 28-09-2021, 12:24 PM
pmrid's Avatar
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

pmrid is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloudy, light-polluted Bribie Is.
Posts: 3,382
HITECASTRO Mount Hub Pro

Anyone using one of these? I dug mine out of my bottom drawer to try again. Mine is one of the first generation that has 8 device and PC controlled DC outlets plus 4 always-on outlets, 4 x dew heater circuits (device and PC controlled) plus 3 USB2 outlets and two other USB outlets with black innards as opposed to the white on the other 3. Iím not sure what they are. There is a telephone jack socket for focuser control as well. Sounds good? Sure. Except the Windows OS on the PC reports that it does not recognise the USB device when you plug it in. I can work around that by disconnecting th DC feed in and reconnecting it while leaving the USB attached to the PC. Not very elegant. does anyone have any better solution?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 28-09-2021, 12:31 PM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
Anyone using one of these? I dug mine out of my bottom drawer to try again. Mine is one of the first generation that has 8 device and PC controlled DC outlets plus 4 always-on outlets, 4 x dew heater circuits (device and PC controlled) plus 3 USB2 outlets and two other USB outlets with black innards as opposed to the white on the other 3. I’m not sure what they are. There is a telephone jack socket for focuser control as well. Sounds good? Sure. Except the Windows OS on the PC reports that it does not recognise the USB device when you plug it in. I can work around that by disconnecting th DC feed in and reconnecting it while leaving the USB attached to the PC. Not very elegant. does anyone have any better solution?
I have the same (old) model. To avoid the unrecognised USB warning you need to plug in the following sequence.

1_ unplug all cameras from the hub
2_ plug the hub in the PC/Laptop via USB while it's unpowered.
3_ power the hub (computer will recognise the hub)
4_ start the MountHub Pro client (executable)
5_ plug the camera and others in the hub via USB.
6_ power the camera and others via the client.

I'm on Win7 and Win10.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28-09-2021, 01:06 PM
pmrid's Avatar
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

pmrid is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloudy, light-polluted Bribie Is.
Posts: 3,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
I have the same (old) model. To avoid the unrecognised USB warning you need to plug in the following sequence.

1_ unplug all cameras from the hub
2_ plug the hub in the PC/Laptop via USB while it's unpowered.
3_ power the hub (computer will recognise the hub)
4_ start the MountHub Pro client (executable)
5_ plug the camera and others in the hub via USB.
6_ power the camera and others via the client.

I'm on Win7 and Win10.
That works. Thank you. How nice it would be if there were just a Firmware update we could apply. However, once it is up and running it seems to be quite stable. Oh well!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28-09-2021, 01:35 PM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 21,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
That works. Thank you. How nice it would be if there were just a Firmware update we could apply. However, once it is up and running it seems to be quite stable. Oh well!
Yes it would be nice not to have to do that but once you're aware of it, it works quite well. That wouldn't work for a remote obs though. I also remember that flow was advised by the manufacturer at the time of purchase. Not sure if the newer models require the same procedure. I'd hope not.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Testar
Advertisement
NexDome Observatories
Advertisement
Limpet Controller
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement