Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 24-10-2021, 12:36 AM
Stonius (Markus)

Buying land on the moon :-D

Can't believe this is a thing. Pretty sure this would violate a few international treaties. I wonder if I can pay them with money from my friend who happens to be a Nigerian Prince?

Don’t delay! Buy an acre on the Moon and then view your property!

LUNAR LAND FACTS You too can become a Lunar Land Owner by purchasing acres of land on the Moon. LUNAR LAND company is the world’s most recognized Celestial Real Estate Agency and has been selling land on the Moon for decades. Lunar Land is one of THE FIRST companies in the world to file for a legal TRADEMARK and COPYRIGHT for the sale of extraterrestrial property within the confines of our solar system. DON’T BE FOOLED BY PHONY LUNAR COMPANIES WITH NO CLAIM!• Over 5,000,000+ people from 176 countries around the world own moon land, planet Mars, planet Venus, planet Mercury, and planet Jupiter moon IO property.• To date, more than 300 million acres of land on the Moon and planet mars have been issued to individuals and corporations.

https://lunarland.com/view-your-moon-land/
Old 24-10-2021, 12:44 AM
glend (Glen)

Do the water and mineral rights come with the title? The commute would be a *****. How do you apply for a building permit? Is there a Lunar Council?
Old 24-10-2021, 01:38 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

These "Moon vendors" should be prosecuted for fraud..obtaining money by false pretenses...but like so many pedlers of false dreams they are not chalenged but for legitimate business folk to neglect to declare income gained by legitimate means is treated as most criminal... I guess if Moon vendors fill out their tax forms and pay their share their place in the society is assured..pathetic isnt it.

Their business is criminal their victims tragically stupid.

But they would not be the first to take advantage of the gullible or the first to escape prosecution for doing so.

If they were selling parts of the Sydney Harbour Bridge I expect the dull and the ignorant could work it out that it is fraud even though they may have trouble extending the concept to selling parts of the Moon but this can be expected because they are indeed dull and ignorant and dream pedlers line up to feast upon them.

But of course humans always have had great difficulty in identifying fraud involving make believe from as early as the Sumarians.

Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 24-10-2021 at 01:51 AM.
Old 24-10-2021, 04:15 AM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

"A fool and his/her/its money are soon parted."

Thomas Tusser (Non-Sumerian)
Old 24-10-2021, 05:28 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Tucker View Post
"A fool and his/her/its money are soon parted."

Thomas Tusser (Non-Sumerian)
Yes that seems the way of it but a cute saying does not entitle scoundrels to comit fraud unless we allow it. The expected result from uttering such a saying hints at why I dislike such things...someone utters the saying everyone nods approvingly and the main issue is overlooked as all surrender to the "soundbite" mentality.

AND that being the case I encourage everyone to contact their local Member of Parliament and their opposite in opposition, both state and Federal, demanding that the criminal law as it relates to fraud and obtaining money by false pretenses be administered in respect of "Moonland Vendors" and send copies of those demands to any media outlet you can find.

Better still send your demand to all Ministers both State and Federal as each sends your letter onto the relevant Minister so that way each day that Minister receives a continual flow of letters which has an effect of really bringing the matter to his attention...cant you just see him in your minds eye becoming ecasperated under this strategy?

One should put together an email list that would see such a delivery rather easy...anyone know if there is one?...
Alex
Old 24-10-2021, 05:47 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

OK ...it seems " they" dont have an email list on the basis that in not having such a list "they" avoid spam... sure but I say it is clearly an attempt to avoid good folk like us sending a message to demand action to stop these Moonland sales and bring the promoters of these schemes to justice.

However I have found this.....

https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_...rs_and_Members

https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_..._and_CSV_files

https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_...n=0&ps=50&st=1
https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_..._and_CSV_files

Further to project credibility we need to adopt their 'speak" so.....
https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_...rs_and_Members

Alex
Old 24-10-2021, 08:14 AM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

Moon Treaty:

This treaty not only disallows sovereign claims over the Moon, but also explicitly excludes any property rights – whether by Governments or private individuals – to any part of the surface, subsurface or natural resources of the Moon. No-one, according to the Moon Treaty, can own the Moon or any part of it. However, unlike the Outer Space Treaty, the Moon Treaty does not enjoy widespread support. It has only 18 parties, and neither the US nor China have signed up.

So, I'd guess that's a fairly empty treaty in regards to mining rights, Luna bases etc.

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-in...im-sovereignty
Old 24-10-2021, 08:48 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura_gadi View Post
Moon Treaty:

This treaty not only disallows sovereign claims over the Moon, but also explicitly excludes any property rights – whether by Governments or private individuals – to any part of the surface, subsurface or natural resources of the Moon. No-one, according to the Moon Treaty, can own the Moon or any part of it. However, unlike the Outer Space Treaty, the Moon Treaty does not enjoy widespread support. It has only 18 parties, and neither the US nor China have signed up.

So, I'd guess that's a fairly empty treaty in regards to mining rights, Luna bases etc.

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-in...im-sovereignty
Mmmm ok so we buy some Moonland and then sue the vendor for breach of contract relying in part on the Treaty ...however I am not sure about damages...probably only your loss but if Punative Damages I expect one would do very well...

(From Wiki...Punitive damages, or exemplary damages, are damages assessed in order to punish the defendant for outrageous conduct and/or to reform or deter the defendant and others from engaging in conduct similar to that which formed the basis of the lawsuit.[1] Although the purpose of punitive damages is not to compensate the plaintiff, the plaintiff will receive all or some of the punitive damages award.)

AND...Punitive damages are often awarded if compensatory damages are deemed an inadequate remedy. ... Because they are usually paid in excess of the plaintiff's provable injuries, punitive damages are awarded only in special cases, usually under tort law, if the defendant's conduct was egregiously insidious.

I expect as we would be suing for breach of contract and the punitive damages are awarded under Tort Law ( matters where an owed "duty of care" has been breached..say one fell in a hole that should have been covered or with a fence and warning signs)...

NEXT can we bring a class action...
Alex
Old 24-10-2021, 09:40 AM
gary

I've already staked a claim based on naming rights.

My case is it's the vibe of it. It's the Constitution. It's Mabo. It's justice. It's law. It's the vibe and ah, no that's it.

Gary Kopff
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (moon1.jpg)
61.4 KB36 views
Click for full-size image (moon2.jpg)
80.7 KB41 views
Click for full-size image (moon3.jpg)
77.0 KB39 views
Old 24-10-2021, 10:48 AM
alpal

I want to buy the Milky Way Galaxy -

where can I send the money?
Old 24-10-2021, 11:17 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpal View Post

I can be reached care of Tabulam Post Office include your address so I can send you your title papers..plus Bank Detail so I can send you a refund.. M31 is being detailed right now and will be available next week.
Alex
Old 24-10-2021, 11:24 AM
RB (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I've already staked a claim based on naming rights.

My case is it's the vibe of it. It's the Constitution. It's Mabo. It's justice. It's law. It's the vibe and ah, no that's it.

Gary Kopff
I pay cash now....

Last edited by RB; 24-10-2021 at 12:01 PM.
Old 24-10-2021, 12:05 PM
Stonius (Markus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
I pay cash....

😂

Now there's a thought - what would the 'gold' of the intergalactic monetary system be?

On a universal scale it would have to be rare enough as a resource that scarcity makes it valuable, hard to make yourself and maybe be 'useful' in some way? Stability and safety could be factors too. Would antimatter held in a magnetic flask fit the bill?

Markus
Old 24-10-2021, 12:31 PM
bobson (Bob)

Tell him he’s dreaming
Old 24-10-2021, 12:39 PM
RB (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonius View Post
Now there's a thought - what would the 'gold' of the intergalactic monetary system be?

On a universal scale it would have to be rare enough as a resource that scarcity makes it valuable, hard to make yourself and maybe be 'useful' in some way? Stability and safety could be factors too. Would antimatter held in a magnetic flask fit the bill?

Markus
What do you know about lead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobson View Post
Tell him he’s dreaming

Nah, wait a minute Bob, how much is he asking?

Old 24-10-2021, 12:59 PM
bobson (Bob)

The pricing is here:

I am still deciding which one to take, Standard or Deluxe?

Or maybe I’ll wait till Dark side of the Moon is on sale, should be cheaper I assume.

But electricity bill would be astronomical!

Last edited by bobson; 24-10-2021 at 01:14 PM.
Old 24-10-2021, 01:28 PM
RB (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobson View Post
The pricing is here:

I am still deciding which one to take, Standard or Deluxe?

Or maybe I’ll wait till Dark side of the Moon is on sale, should be cheaper I assume.

But electricity bill would be astronomical!
Go the Deluxe.
When 'Red Rocket' comes in with the win, you'll clean up.

Yes, but powerlines are a reminder of man’s ability to generate electricity Bob.

Old 24-10-2021, 02:04 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

I assume no one would be taken in by this scam so here at Harbourbottom Real Estate we have much more believable offers just waiting for the right buyer. This weekend we are doing a great deal on a iconic bridge in a sought-after location with views of world-famous architecture. It doesn't just look great; it will also generate an impressive financial return.

The lucky buyer will receive a detailed certificate of ownership inkjet embossed on luxury 80gms stock in an original envelope.

Unlike certain unscrupulous north-coast agents we will never ask for you bank details! You just log onto your internet banking from your trusted home computer, click on the remote desktop link below, authenticate and sit back while we do the rest.
Old 24-10-2021, 02:34 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpal View Post

Old 24-10-2021, 02:50 PM
alpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I can be reached care of Tabulam Post Office include your address so I can send you your title papers..plus Bank Detail so I can send you a refund.. M31 is being detailed right now and will be available next week.
Alex

What about if I want to buy the whole visible universe?