Old 26-10-2021, 07:07 AM
GUS.K (Ivan)

Very active sun in Ha today.

Lots of proms, a major active region, a few filaments and an emerging flux region, worth a look if you get a chance. One of the proms is very active with changes seen in minutes.

Last edited by GUS.K; 26-10-2021 at 07:18 AM.
Old 26-10-2021, 01:53 PM
Dave882 (David)

Many thanks for the heads-up on this one! I whipped out the pst for a short session about 10am and had some great views of a very large prom, sunspots and filaments. Probably best I’ve been able to observe this year
Old 26-10-2021, 01:53 PM
UniPol
I Prefer Refractors

Thanks for the heads up Ivan, it prompted me to have a peek just after lunch and without a doubt this is one of the best displays of proms I have seen in a good while. I counted at least a dozen proms and one in particular although quite low to the surface had a large loop emanating from two ejections. A couple of sunspots are evident as well. Cheers
Old 26-10-2021, 03:02 PM
GUS.K (Ivan)

Thanks Dave and Steve, having a look right now and all I can say is wow, still some spectacular proms on show, one very active one which is probably associated with an active region.
Old 26-10-2021, 05:52 PM
Saturnine (Jeff)

Didn't get a chance to get the Ha scope out today but got some white light viewing and images. Kicking myself after seeing the GONG images later and images posted on Spaceweather.com and on here.
Certainly will be setting up the Ha tomorrow, hope there is still some activity happening in the morning.