glend (Glen)

Might be more storms coming Alex.
Old 26-10-2021, 11:09 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Might be more storms coming Alex.
My friend looked at the structure and has plans for bolts for the roof and something to hold it from movement in accordance with your warning but noticed there are perhaps too few bolts holding the sides to the bottom and so he is going to add more...so it is an ill wind that does not blow some good in so far I am going to prepare for worse.

Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 27-10-2021 at 04:08 AM.
Old 28-10-2021, 12:48 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

So got all the bolts etc... but my new little on line purchased barometer came today, I marked the needle at 9-30 am and it has droped heaps so I bet we are in for a big one..also a very clever friend who has some very interesting storm prediction stuff called to say something big is on its way..but it is so sunny at the moment...
Picked up some oars and rollics so I can have a float in the dam...going to get some fish soon..not that I would fish for them but heck you gotta have some fish...
My visiting friend has gone nuts on the ride on mower and had done heaps when I left on dusk..next morning (today) the whole block was clear...I asked..and he said it was easy as the mower has head lights.

Inspection tomorrow to see what we are replacing.

So to cheer myself up I went and looked at the little Mazda MX5 ...I love it..we were busy and could not take it for a test drive so am having a decent test drive next week..not really interested in performance or handling as I assume that should be ok but I just need to see if I can climb into the thing and get out ...plus its auto so it will be interesting to see if you can do a preselect pretend you are racing trip.

But if I get it all thoughts of a decent caravan go out the window...so live in luxury or drive in luxury?

I suppose I could work and make some money on the stock exchange and have both ..but it is hard stressful etc.

Alex
Old 28-10-2021, 02:51 PM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

I remember going fishing on my girlfriends farm, if you have access to waterways from your dams, you get free or close to stocking for your dams.

They had stocked yellow belly and apparently 5 years later it was time to go fishing!!! So, cool I thought... then we get to the dam, 1 stick of dynomite later and fishing time is over its just collecting for the 3 big deep freezers...

As for the MX-5, nice car, stuff performance some of those models looks sweet, but would have to be the 2 liter. I think you might find however its easier to get in and out of the car seats if they are much higher. Its why you see so many 4x4 with disabled stickers on them down the south coast of NSW, Canberra retirement area. Try and find a car where your arse and the seat are about the same height, lame thing to have to look for, but at least its functional!

Last edited by mura_gadi; 28-10-2021 at 03:26 PM.
Old 28-10-2021, 03:43 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The thing I am looking at is a demo..it is 1500cc end of story..If I ordered new I would get the 2 litre not that I would use the extra power ..but there is a wait and I want it now .
.heck by the time a new one arrives I could lose interest or forget that I ordered one..it will turn on being able to get in and out of the car .... and it would be great if I can fit my walking frame in the boot.
Tomorrow we hope to grind the tracks for the roll off roof so as to reduce the rolling resistance for the load...my friend is a shipwright and he says the difference between a clean and dirty track with the slipway is considerable so we have the stuff to grind it and prime it... Threaded rod, nuts and bolts for the winch motors and will put strong stuff under so they wont pull out...
Anyways just hoping the mounts are ok and at the end of play tomorrow will have me saying that I am the luckiest man on the planet.
Alex
Old 28-10-2021, 03:55 PM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

Fingers crossed for luckiest man on the planet then... you seem to have a plethora of trades to pick from in your circle I must say.