Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 03-08-2022, 08:50 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Feeling much better.

My radiation treatment is finished ..12 sessions in all.

AND I treated the experience as an adventure and it was really neat living in a town house for a while...I was surprised at how quiet it was which goes against my preconceptions.

I must admit that when I discovered the new lump on my neck and found it growing at a very fast rate I was somewhat disheartened as having gone thru a great deal health wise and coming out ok the lump caused me to become demotivated to a degree...and it is only now that I can see that it effected me more than I realised at the time because now that it is over I am back to my very positive self...I feel terrific which is all that counts...I don't care when I go but I don't want to feel sad and there is never a good reason to be sad and there are millions worse off...but just listen to the folk who can't live thru high fuel prices or other minor stuff..wimps.

I am so lucky to have such a good attitude...I talk to a friend who is a conspiracy theorist who believes the world will crash..a preper...and that 90% of vacinated folk will soon die and talking to him makes me realise how sad it is to have everything that should make him happy but he suffers such terrible delusion. I prove that he has been lied to but sadly facts do not change a delusional belief..

Anyways I made this post to let those of you know who wonder how things are going for me know that everything is really good...although my eq5 needs a pull down, the RASA cabling needs to be redone, and I really need to retro fit a new pier...how good just to have those few problems.

Just think my universe does not contemplate horror and conspiracy but it is alongside one that does.

I really get sick of hearing folk grizzle ...the fact is we have never had it so good..200 years ago the average income was half of the accepted poverty rate today...I could go on but those who are educated know the truth and those who are ignorant unfortunately make that choice.

Thanks for listening.

alex
Old 03-08-2022, 09:25 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Alex,
Glad your feeling a lot better now and yes most grumble and worry too much ( including me ) about insignificant things in our day to day lives.
Thank goodness Astronomy is a wonderful outlet to get away from all the crap and really enjoy the wonders of the Universe.
Hope you get all your little jobs done and get those scopes pointing to the sky again
Best Always
Martin
Old 03-08-2022, 09:27 AM
JA

Good on you Alex.
Great to hear that you're back out and about

Best
JA
Old 03-08-2022, 10:18 AM
AstroBogan (Jacob)
Jacob

Awesome news Alex, glad to see you on the other side of treatment feeling the way you do!

Can't wait to see what you can produce for us when you get back into it. I'm still in awe of the improvement in your images since I was last around here 4 years ago, so I cannot wait for your next images

All the best!

Jacob.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:32 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

So good to hear your progress Alex

Mike
Old 03-08-2022, 10:42 AM
AstroViking (Steve)

It's good to see you back out and about Alex. The place has been a bit quiet without you...

As for your "prepper" mate, that's his world and if he's happy to live in it, then let him be. The rest of us can get on and enjoy our astro work.

Looking forward to seeing your next set of images, too,

Cheers,
V
Old 03-08-2022, 12:23 PM
Crater101 (Warren)
Mostly Harmless

Nice to see you back on deck mate!
Old 03-08-2022, 12:28 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks everyone.

Just went for a spin in the little red car with the top down and thought to myself just how lucky I am.

Fortunately I have no side effects at all from the treatment which seemed to surprise my doctor and the nurses even...so that's good but even with my issues I think I am rather fit for an old man.

My doctor is such a lovely lady..even with a mask I think it fair to say very attractive but a good mind...she was walking by where I was waiting with all the other patients and saw me and came over and we had such a loverly chat as if she actually enjoyed my company...we had a long chat about quorum sensing and motor protein..motor protein is one of my favorite subjects but she seems to be interested in that stuff..maybe because she is a doctor I guess...I must remember to send her some flowers.

But they really treat you good..so I had the radiation technicians, two doctors that I saw, a speech therapist, a dietician and a supervising nurse...and they treat you like royalty...they all made me feel like I was their only patient...even the girl in the cafeteria always seemed happy to see me and so overall it was as pleasant as you could wish for.

Alex
Old 03-08-2022, 12:28 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Great news Alex keep it up!!!
Old 03-08-2022, 12:50 PM
wavelandscott (Scott)
Plays well with others!

Happy to hear your update! Have no doubt, you do help bring a bit of joy and positivity to the world. We can not ask for much more of anyone.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:24 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelandscott View Post
Happy to hear your update! Have no doubt, you do help bring a bit of joy and positivity to the world. We can not ask for much more of anyone.
Scott you are very kind. Thank you.
Alex
Old 03-08-2022, 02:29 PM
GTB_an_Owl (Geoff)
bewise betold neverbecold

wondered why you were a bit quiet Alex

geoff
Old 03-08-2022, 03:16 PM
leon

Like I have always said and knew about you Alex it takes a lot to get you down if at all.

So glad to hear that all has turned out well for you.

Think of you often and probably should talk to you more, stay well my friend.

Leon and Alice
Old 03-08-2022, 04:27 PM
Stonius (Markus)

Good on ya mate. Good to hear!

Markus
Old 03-08-2022, 05:05 PM
Dave882 (David)

Nice to hear you’re up and about mate. Keep on keeping on!!
Old 04-08-2022, 08:10 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts ... I must say I am feeling even more excellent today which may be because I had my first "fair" night of imaging in years..the dew is still unacceptable but at least it did not leave my clothes wet as has been the case for a long time.

Still heaps to sort out but I ran two cameras ( and scopes) from the one lap top which I said I would not do but given this lap top is so powerful I can image and stack and process all at once and it handles all that activity without complaining...so I thought to try running two cameras...also I tried using the OSC then replacing it with the Mono with the HA filter and hope to stack the subs from both cameras together later ..I hope that works as it could prove a handy approach...

But there is just so much to do ..but that is a good thing I guess as I have to push hard to win.

Again no side effects ..so far so good.

Thanks to everyone.

alex.
Old 09-08-2022, 03:12 AM
Renato1 (Renato)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post

I am so lucky to have such a good attitude...I talk to a friend who is a conspiracy theorist who believes the world will crash..a preper...and that 90% of vacinated folk will soon die and talking to him makes me realise how sad it is to have everything that should make him happy but he suffers such terrible delusion. I prove that he has been lied to but sadly facts do not change a delusional belief..

alex
Hi Alex,
That's excellent news about you, I am very happy to hear it.

But I don't understand about your prepper friend. Why isn't he ecstatic?

Soon he'll be able to afford up to ten fully furnished holiday houses after the prices collapse - some at the beach, some in the mountains, some in newly deserted cities, and all around the country. Plus there should be plenty of stockpiles of canned and preserved food around. And lots of alcohol.

It should be paradise for him.

Cheers,
Renato
Old 09-08-2022, 05:59 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato1 View Post
Hi Alex,
That's excellent news about you, I am very happy to hear it.

But I don't understand about your prepper friend. Why isn't he ecstatic?

Soon he'll be able to afford up to ten fully furnished holiday houses after the prices collapse - some at the beach, some in the mountains, some in newly deserted cities, and all around the country. Plus there should be plenty of stockpiles of canned and preserved food around. And lots of alcohol.

It should be paradise for him.

Cheers,
Renato
The very sad thing is he reports signs that there is some problem that he contends is the start of the end with sheer glee and so he somewhat aligns with the picture you paint.

It is nice to hear from you and I do hope all is well with you and yours.

Alex
Old 09-08-2022, 12:56 PM
JohnF (John)

Wishing you well.
Old 15-08-2022, 10:29 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
Wishing you well.
Thanks John...I hope you are doing well also.

I am feeling absolutely terrific...I must admit the last thing just got to me...but not anymore..too much to do to feel bad, sad or mad.

Alex