Old 23-06-2022, 12:27 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Prawn Nebula over the top..

It was certainly over the top ..almost directly above so I thought lets have a go before the fog settles in...

I am trying to see if I can get a narrow band image (L,Ha,S11 and O11) all in one night and be in bed by 11.00 pm.

However I just had to resolve why the previous night I could not get goto finding targets after I had done a one star align, having tried twice ..I was using Canopus both nights but made the mistake of selecting the bright star that appeared on screen as Canopus...last night I realised my silly mistake particularly when Canopus was finally on screen being so huge and bright...so on the basis that one learns by mistakes my education is becoming rather well rounded:thumbsu p:.

AND a late start ( I wasted time cooking dinner unfortunately) which put me under the gun to produce something before the fog hit...

so details..

RASA 11 inch, ZWO2600 mono, EQ8r unguided, 30 second subs..gain highest was 500 lowest 300... focus via Sharpcap which I am still getting used to...but focusing really showed just how bad the sky is for movement I expect due to mist and the refraction effect I suspect to be happening.

Exposure time...Lum 45 minutes, Ha 22 minutes, O11. 32 minutes, S11. 34 minutes...I know a disaster waiting to happen...No darks or flats notwithstanding that I now have my new T Shirts waiting to be tested with the new light panel..to be honest I was very tired and I should not have imaged at all and was falling asleep in the chair over and over and I was cold so my motivation was not strong enough to go the extra mile as they say and do darks and flats (and dark flats)... So everything was stacked in Deep Sky Stacker, Processed in Star tools and fiddled with in Photoshop which I really had to work hard for a result...

I dont know about the colour with this image but it is pleasing to me as colour blindness has me easy to please... colour probably was going to be a problem due to exposure times being all over the place...but I just try to get the graph in Startools having everything more or less line up and cross my fingers...

I still have so much to do (auto guiding for all scopes, install Asiair (old one and wait for the new one to get here) well I have a long todo list put it that way... and I know my progress is slow but I must accept that I am approaching old age in a couple of years from now and not the smartest person on the planet so I just have to keep chipping away.

Thanks for looking.

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (final.jpg)
226.3 KB88 views
Click for full-size image (final2.jpg)
221.3 KB57 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 23-06-2022 at 12:55 PM.
Old 23-06-2022, 01:55 PM
Stephane

Well done Alex, I love these images - especially given the short integration.

Are you going to add data to this one in the coming nights? Or will you move on to the next target in the bucket list?
Old 23-06-2022, 02:16 PM
PKay (Peter)

Hi Alex

Ya done good mate!

Tip:
Make and eat dinner when it's still light.
Go to bed early and wake up when it's dark.

In the morning I get up when PHD2 starts bleeting at me

Anyways I would advise with regards to you being challenged 'colour wise',
go for contrast instead...
Old 23-06-2022, 02:41 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
Well done Alex, I love these images - especially given the short integration.

Are you going to add data to this one in the coming nights? Or will you move on to the next target in the bucket list?
Thank you Stephane.

I won't add to the image ...I am testing various things and trying to bring three scope all on line running at once and it is surprising how that has me well occupied.

I have not thought of what to go for tonight...

Alex
Old 23-06-2022, 02:49 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKay View Post
Hi Alex

Ya done good mate!

Tip:
Make and eat dinner when it's still light.
Go to bed early and wake up when it's dark.

In the morning I get up when PHD2 starts bleeting at me

Anyways I would advise with regards to you being challenged 'colour wise',
go for contrast instead...
Thanks Peter I just have too much to do I guess and the health issues takes many days away just in appointments, picking up meds etc... but I am ok as whatever I am doing I enjoy it..even blood tests...
What caught me out dinner wise was I thought I had some pies but nothing so I had to cook some chops and then do veggies... I did sleep in the afternoon but not enough...I get up at 4 am and so come evening I am getting very tired.

Thanks for your input.

Alex