Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2022, 05:54 AM
Allan_L (Allan)
Member > 10year club

Skywatcher 10" Collapsible Dobsonian with Argo Navis

Due to personal issues, I find my much loved telescope has been largely unused in the last few years, and, sadly, this is not likely to change much in the foreseeable future.

The telescope and accessories, when unused, are stored in a dedicated space with dehumidifier running 24/7.

The scope is in good condition and most who have looked through it have affirmed its good view. Many of the regulars from the Central Coast observers (Mangrove Mountain and Bretti campers) would attest to this I'm sure.

The collapsible Dob holds collimation well, through an entire night's session and more, and the strut design makes it simple and quick to set up and get going.

I have replaced the finder scope with a skywatcher right angle scope to provide a more comfortable experience. The scope also features a laser pointer as a first stop pointing aid ( a feature added by the previous owner that works well so I never found the need to change).

I have added a counter weight system comprised of up to 3 rare earth magnetics to compliment balancing the scope in most positions. This allows the friction control to be loosened to encourage smooth tracking (manual).

The scope comes with the locally produced and supported Argo Navis "Push TO" pointing system, designed especially with the Southern Hemisphere user in mind. I find it a joy to use.
What a great piece of engineering kit. Easy to set up, easy to use. User Manual (extracts) included. I power the Argo with internal regular batteries although I do include a proprietary 12 volt power cable to use if preferred.
Note that the normal cost of an Argo Navis system exceeds the total price I am asking for the total setup (AFAIK).

Also including a removable Orion Dew Zapper controller, and several heater straps (including secondary mirror heater) and compact 5aH deep cycle battery to run the heater unit that sits unobtrusively velcroed on the Dob turntable base. I only found it necessary to use this on rare occasions when mist was particular troublesome.

The light weight Dob setup makes it easy to transport to your favorite dark site. Personally I used to securely strap the OTA into the passenger seat for security.

I'll include a William Optics 20mm SWA eyepiece with the sale, but I have (or will) list $4,000 of eyepiece collection (largely Televue) and high end Hotech collimation gear separately for a crazy give-away price. Here

Anything I forgot? Ask.

Pickup is Central Coast NSW only, although I am happy to deliver within reason or a little further with persuasional incentive.

I consider this to be an absolute bargain at an asking price of $800 for the lot.

Sale Pending ! awaiting collection COD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (100_5345.jpg)
200.6 KB105 views
Click for full-size image (100_5346.jpg)
197.9 KB96 views
Click for full-size image (100_5347.jpg)
198.6 KB89 views
Click for full-size image (100_5348.jpg)
200.0 KB110 views
Click for full-size image (100_5349.jpg)
199.4 KB98 views
Click for full-size image (100_5353.jpg)
199.3 KB139 views
Click for full-size image (100_5365.jpg)
196.3 KB107 views
Click for full-size image (100_5366.jpg)
199.9 KB80 views

Last edited by Allan_L; 25-06-2022 at 12:01 PM. Reason: sold
Old 16-06-2022, 05:27 PM
Allan_L (Allan)
Member > 10year club

I haven't heard from the member who indicated he wanted to buy this setup.

So it may be available again. ??? How long do you wait?

If you are interested in this scope and accessories, please drop me a line.

I forgot to mention a 5 amp/hour battery is included to drive the heater straps and whatever.

As mentioned earlier, this is pick-up from NSW Central Coast. I can deliver within a reasonable radius if necessary.
Old 21-06-2022, 05:17 PM
Allan_L (Allan)
Member > 10year club

Just a reminder:
The Argo Navis navigation system is worth that much alone.
Old 22-06-2022, 08:14 AM
RichardJ (Richard)
Psalm 19: 1 - 4

PM sent

RichardJ
Old 22-06-2022, 09:19 AM
Allan_L (Allan)
Member > 10year club

PM reply sent