Old 22-06-2012, 05:39 AM
gregbradley

It's close to 9,000 euros by the time you add rings, camera adapter, shipping case, shipping. Just wait for the Euro collapse!

Fast does have penalities, like high cost. Honestly, I want an 18-inch F/2.8 with the camera at prime focus. Astroworks 18-inch Centurian was well ahead of its time.

I have yet to see any good image out of the Officina Stellari 8-inch f/3.0 which is unfortunate because that is such a cool portable scope.

My little $2500 FSQ still wins.

j[/QUOTE]

I nominate you as the guinea pig John.

The sample images look great. It comes down to how much can you trust your supplied model to match the sample images model. I think we have seen a substantial difference in the past!

I also remember seeing H8 earlier sample images that showed misalignments when it was a prototype. Coma in corners etc.

I presume they got on top of that but of course that will be the touchy issue with any of these fast scopes no matter what configuration - super fast = super rigid and accurate engineering to work.

Greg.
Old 24-06-2012, 11:04 PM
KenGee

I have one of those 8 inch f1.5 Schmidt cameras it's on the to do list.