Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers

Old 03-08-2021, 02:10 PM
bluesilver (Peter)

WinJupos tutorials / Manuals?

Hi, I am just starting to get things sorted for planetary imaging and after doing a fair bit of research Winjupos has been mentioned many times to help in the processing.

So i am working with 16" Skywatcher Dobsonian that has goto tracking.
Camera is the ZWO ASI224MC
Using FireCapture to capture the images and might also look at trying out the latest version of SharpCap also.
Using Auto stakkert for stacking
Registax for processing

So basically just trying to find a good tutorial or manual on how to actually use this program.

I am in a bit of a muddle as to what i am suppose to be doing right from the start.
Do i first have to stack all the video files in Auto stakkert first and then with the final image from Auto stakkert take this to Winjupos?
Seams a tad odd as i would only have the one image and not sure how it is going to de rotate on just one image.

Or do i somehow select the original video file from FireCapture and load this into WinJupos and have Winjupos de rotate the video file?

I read somewhere that with alt-az / goto dobs, you are better of using a video file rather than individual images.

As you can see, i am a very big muddle here, all tangled up so to speak.

To me i thought that Winjupos could somehow de rotate you video file or the thousands of individual frames, then you take this re rotated file over to Autostakkert and proceed to stack the video or individual frames.

Any help to attempt to un muddle me a tad so i can get on the right track would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Peter.