Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28-04-2022, 03:31 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Then be courteous since I can't block you properly
I on the other hand have some integrity and will not comment on your posts as I am well mannered
I can see that.

Quote:
What you finally stated is constructive but again kindly go away and do t converse with me again it’s obvious you are butt hurt over the startooks thingy and have done nothing but made snide remarks eve since go away and don’t talk to me again
Old 28-04-2022, 05:51 PM
Bassnut (Fred)
Narrowfield rules!

ooo at bit of argy-bargy, love it. The last comparison pic you posted marc doesnt look overly dodgy to me. Apart from some minor artifacts, I cant really see cheating there, given the extreme zoom. The whole pic full frame looks great to me.
Old 28-04-2022, 06:17 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassnut View Post
ooo at bit of argy-bargy, love it. The last comparison pic you posted marc doesnt look overly dodgy to me. Apart from some minor artifacts, I cant really see cheating there, given the extreme zoom. The whole pic full frame looks great to me.
Marc's pic is the unaltered one with the 5m scope (I can only dream of 5m focal length)
Yes it is zoomed and yes there are small artefacts but that's what this is all about learning from the best not to be accused of being "dubious" and then accused of using topaz denoise
Old 29-04-2022, 09:28 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Marc's pic is the unaltered one with the 5m scope (I can only dream of 5m focal length)
Yes it is zoomed and yes there are small artefacts but that's what this is all about learning from the best not to be accused of being "dubious" and then accused of using topaz denoise
Why so defensive? You guys get so hung up about Topaz AI. Doesn't matter what program you process with as long as you don't make up BS that doesn't exist. The FL used in the comparison is irrelevant. It's a reference shot. Your pic is not zoomed either. That's the image scale in your rendition at what I assume is 1:1 on your astrobin account. You can see the edges on your bok globules are very sharp almost posterized. All I'm saying is you need to review your processing flow regarding sharpening and back it up a bit. No more no less.
Old 29-04-2022, 03:22 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Why so defensive? You guys get so hung up about Topaz AI. Doesn't matter what program you process with as long as you don't make up BS that doesn't exist. The FL used in the comparison is irrelevant. It's a reference shot. Your pic is not zoomed either. That's the image scale in your rendition at what I assume is 1:1 on your astrobin account. You can see the edges on your bok globules are very sharp almost posterized. All I'm saying is you need to review your processing flow regarding sharpening and back it up a bit. No more no less.

"dubious" https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...nglish/dubious

When using that word without context then it can put a person on the defensive
This little word started this whole debate, if you actually used context behind your comment then there would have not been this argy bargy,

I can take criticism I can take advice but I will not take accusations of being suspicious or cheating which is what your comment could have implied
Also you mentioned Topaz, not me I said it was not used.
Yes I used selective sharpening and went too far but this is a cropped image so it's 1 to 1 which makes the oversharpening a little more pronounced than when looking at the image from the uncropped version that is not on Astrobin.
I don't want to argue with you Marc you do know your stuff but when you make a comment that can be construed correctly or incorrectly without context it can put people offside.
Peace out
Old 30-04-2022, 05:33 PM
Addos (Adam)

very high quality output with the setup! well done dude! ignore the troll!
Old 01-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addos View Post
very high quality output with the setup! well done dude! ignore the troll!
Thanks Adam

He's not a troll but comes across as a little caustic it's hard to gauge a person when behind the keyboard. You can't measure tone or context in a forum sometimes.
Old 11-05-2022, 07:05 AM
gregbradley

Great image Nik. Your setup is natively very sharp like a good 130mm APO is.
Your setup is very similar to my AP130/QHY600 and its a great widefield setup that can be very sharp. That then makes other sharpening procedures work better.

The advent of AI programs is bound to be controversial. Like decon has been or super colour saturated images have been. Its a matter of finding a balance between what it can do and what it can't do well. I am sure you are close to achieving that.

Greg.
Old 11-05-2022, 08:56 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Great image Nik. Your setup is natively very sharp like a good 130mm APO is.
Your setup is very similar to my AP130/QHY600 and its a great widefield setup that can be very sharp. That then makes other sharpening procedures work better.

The advent of AI programs is bound to be controversial. Like decon has been or super colour saturated images have been. Its a matter of finding a balance between what it can do and what it can't do well. I am sure you are close to achieving that.

Greg.
Thanks Greg
Yes it is a balancing act,

I didn't use any AI which is what I was annoyed about but I did do selective sharpening which only appears overtly with the cropped image.
If only I could get the colour balance right I'd be happier.
Old 11-05-2022, 10:27 PM
LKD (Luke)

Very Nice image, well done