Old 23-05-2022, 07:25 PM
graham.hobart (Graham stevens)
DeepSkySlacker

QHY 10 OSC issues again

Hello all, i am still struggling to get rid of these horizontal ( iassume bayer matrix lines on my second hand qhy 10? I have managed to sort the colour out but it seems not to be debayer properly? or is it something else?
Any help gratefully accepted
Grazza.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (trifid jpeg.jpg)
223.0 KB55 views
Old 23-05-2022, 08:26 PM
JA

Hi G,

I have no direct experience with that camera, but I do notice the blue lines are in the vignetted part of the image - the darkest part of the image. That may be something of a clue to the issue perhaps being signal dependent, i.e: not enough signal. the vignetted part of the image is probably atleast 1 stop (<~50% darker), so perhaps as experiment to discover the true cause, experiment with subexposures of the same length you used on your trifid image, versus say a subexposure twice as long to see if it improves the situation. That may give you some further direction to help address the issue. As a longshot also try another stacking program to see if there is any difference. Did you use flat frames in processing?

Also dithering may help if it's related to fixed pattern noise.

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 23-05-2022 at 09:18 PM.