Old 26-09-2018, 02:49 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

SX Trius users

New Trius owner/user here, and the manual is kind of vague in regards to using the 3 USB ports.

The manual states you can plug a guidecam (Lodestar) into one of the ports and another can be used for other peripherals (like the filterwheel, which is what I already have connected there). Does this imply the fact that you can guide by connecting the Lodestar directly to the Trius cam (in my case an H674) and the Trius' USB connection to the laptop will do both image acquisition with the main cam and also provide power and guider info to the Lodestar? I know I'll have to runt he Lodestar's ST4 direct to the handset of the mount.

Appreciate the info. I realise I can run the Lodestar independently as I currently do with the guide scope setup, but why not take advantage of both the FW OAG and less cables if I can
Old 26-09-2018, 03:48 PM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

It should be a USB hub, so the connection back to the computer will carry images from the main camera, the Lodestar and allow you to drive the filter wheel. If you connect a ST4 cable from the Lodestar to the mount then provided you have some software (MaximDL, PhD, etc.) that is analysing the guider images and sending guide commands back over the shared USB connection to the Lodestar which are then transmitted to the mount on the ST4 cable then everything will be wonderful.

Hope that help explain how it all fits together. A diagram would be better but that would take too long
Old 26-09-2018, 03:56 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Yup, thanks, how I imagined it. Don't really want to "break" what works so well for me, but onwards and upwards
Old 26-09-2018, 06:14 PM
gregbradley

Yes the hub can run the guide cam and the filter wheel. Very convenient. The only other camera I know that does that is the FLI Proline. But that weighs about 6X as much.

Greg.
Old 26-09-2018, 06:22 PM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Yes the hub can run the guide cam and the filter wheel. Very convenient. The only other camera I know that does that is the FLI Proline. But that weighs about 6X as much.
Some of the ZWO cameras do this as well