Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23-05-2022, 04:01 PM
ubique (Hugh)

Hotech advanced ct laser collimator

HOTECH ADVANCED CT LASER COLLIMATOR

This is most accurate way to collimate and align the optics of an SCT, RC or Mak.

Read about it here
https://www.hotechusa.com/category-s/23.htm

You can even align your Hyperstar, see here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmtVaR73wtM&t=11s

There are plenty of videos on YouTube you can search for yourself.
If you are having problems collimating your SCT it’s probably because the secondary is off centre, most are.

I have aligned all my scopes and now it’s time to move it on so I can spend the money on something else.

I have made a few improvements and made it easier to use. The main difficulty is getting the scope and collimator square to each other.

If you are trying to do this with the collimator mounted on a tripod and the scope on an equatorial mount it becomes a challenge because every height adjustment means you have to continually adjust both the mount position and the Fine Adjustment Stage. The Fine Adjustment Stage only adjusts for tilt up and down and shift sideways it doesn’t adjust for height.

I wanted to be able to collimate quickly and in a confined space so I made a solid aluminium platform 1 meter long x 100mm x12mm that I could bolt to the bottom of the telescope dovetail. This way you can leave the scope on the mount, it’s all solid and fewer adjustments have to be made.

I have made various spacers for different size telescopes and an adjustable height platform to mount the Hotech Fine Adjustment Stage on. This way any height can be precisely achieved in combination with the spacers, washers and adjustable stage.

The Hotech Fine Adjustment Stage has a weak point in the vertical tilt knob; it screws into a plastic thread and easily strips. This one has been modified to all metal threads so there is no problem tightening the knob.

Everything is in excellent condition; plus you get a custom made anodized aluminium platform, spacers and height adjustment stage plus an assortment of washers and Allen bolts.

It’s going to cost over $950 to land one in Australia.

This one $850 POSTED

PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1.jpg)
164.8 KB39 views
Click for full-size image (2.jpg)
169.0 KB39 views
Click for full-size image (3.jpg)
199.2 KB45 views
Click for full-size image (4.jpg)
144.7 KB38 views
Click for full-size image (5.jpg)
190.3 KB44 views
Click for full-size image (6.jpg)
197.0 KB39 views
Click for full-size image (7.jpg)
193.7 KB42 views
Click for full-size image (8.jpg)
185.2 KB46 views

Last edited by ubique; 23-05-2022 at 07:27 PM.
Old 23-05-2022, 05:11 PM
elken2004 (Australia)

I sent a PM to buy
cheers