Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23-06-2022, 01:14 PM
sparna (Shaun)

Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 GT mount and tripod, $2000

-PICS TO BE UPLOADED LATER TODAY-

Few years old now but in very good working order - on occasions with (very) good seeing I have been able to guide with a consistent .25-.30 arc-second of RMS error. In my area 0.6-0.7 is more common though. Contains a well-trained permanent periodic error correction, you can use this with or without EQMOD, or train your own. Rebuilt the mount, replaced worm bearing, belt, re-oiled etc a year or so ago, and have tuned the DEC axis backlash to its optimal point. Haven't really bothered with RA since it doesn't make much difference for guiding, so probably room to tweak that if you were so inclined.

Some surface tarnishing on exposed metal surfaces, little rust on the weights etc - so not cosmetically perfect, but runs very well. Comes with tripod, counterweights, extension bar, but does not come with the second Alt-Az head for dual-scope viewing.

Regretful sale as I am moving to an astro-unfriendly house and need the cash atm, looking for $2000 ONO, pickup Croydon VIC or can deliver locally.

Last edited by sparna; 28-06-2022 at 05:14 PM.