ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22-06-2022, 05:42 PM
OneCosmos (Chris)

EOI for full imaging setup or packages

*I think it may be best to withdraw this ad and split things up into manageable pieces and I’ll probably choose to retain a few items. *

Yes, this is an impulsive post but there is rhyme to reason. It’s also not a forced sale, so no intention of selling at any price, just a fair price in recognition of the fact that until a few months ago everything was in a shop at full retail price.

Everything you can see in the attached image is virtually brand new. Most of it (90%) less than a few months old and only the fsq-85 is older and even that is not barely a year old. Everything is in absolutely as new condition. It has been used in my garden once to test only.

I’m not considering selling absolutely everything in the picture though. The AZ-EQ6 mount is not for sale nor the Berlebach Planet tripod. I’m also not selling the ASI174 guide camera.

The picture doesn’t actually show everything because the main imaging camera has the drop in filter holder and I have three Optolong filters, UV-IR, L-Extreme and L-Pro. The filter holder is connected to the Takahashi flattener and all distances for the perfect operation of the QHY268c accounted for. I also have an excellent padded case that can hold everything.

What I am thinking of selling is:
  • FSQ-85 with the simply brilliant high res Esatto focuser which takes 1 million 0.04 micron steps to cover just 32mm of travel! Autofocus is accurate and a breeze. Note I do also have the original Tak focuser although why anyone would want that is beyond me.
  • Prima Luce Labs 95mm rings (I also have the original Tak clamshell)
  • Prima Luce Labs long Losmandy bar with risers (underside)
  • Skywatcher Evolux 62mm Guidescope
  • Takahashi 1.01x flattener
  • QHY drop in filter holder
  • QHY268c OSC Camera
  • Second PLL Losmandy bar (upper) with clamp and risers
  • Eagle 4 Pro computer
  • Ecco unit (temp sensor/ measured humidity)
  • Eagle power cables for mount, focuser and camera
  • Optolong filters

The only thing you need to add is a battery. I use a 75ah Lithium battery and I also purchased the 12.4A controller to ensure constant power.

All of that cost me $16,272 (excluding the battery and controller) and it’s UNUSED

Despite representing a massive loss I’ll take $13,200 that’s a clear $3,000+ saving off new for absolutely nothing.

I appreciate almost nobody wants this exact setup as you already have bits and pieces. It’s also a lot of money. Some of the above I could sell separately later but the package I referred to in the subject line would be focused only on items necessary for the OTA:
  • FSQ-85 with Esatto Focuser (and original)
  • Prima Luce 95mm Rings (and original clamshell)
  • 1x Losmandy bar with risers
  • Tak 1.01x flattener

That smaller subset cost me $6520

I’ll sell those specific items together for $5500

No negotiations on the price though. The prices are fair and if nobody is interested I have an excellent imaging setup to learn to enjoy.

I have a reason for the fire sale but that reason doesn’t concern anyone so no need to ask.

I have the original boxes for every single item. In fact I have a gigantic box of boxes!

If you want to devise your own package of menu items, I’ll consider your cherry picked list but only if it makes sense to me.

Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (F655632B-24D5-46A4-83C4-084910FC9B99.jpeg)
112.5 KB214 views

Last edited by OneCosmos; 24-06-2022 at 06:36 PM.