Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Poll: Buy it ?
Poll Options
Buy it ?

Old 03-10-2020, 07:18 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Yup, it does, as did the original Pentax.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:46 AM
Hemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahnpahwa View Post
Ok

Just saw the price. No, I'd go an fs60cb with 0.72 reducer. That radian will be over 2k aud landed here. That tak set up will be similar and will do so much more, while more than likely also outperforming it as a photography set up. Insofar as weight being an issue, not sure if there is any useful AP mount that will be happy with 3kg and not happy with 3.5?
Agree this is more versatile, and another scope that I feel is eventually on my cards! But how fast can the fs60 go? Can it get anywhere near f4.5 of whichever flavor of the 61?

Hemi
Old 04-10-2020, 10:18 AM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi View Post
Agree this is more versatile, and another scope that I feel is eventually on my cards! But how fast can the fs60 go? Can it get anywhere near f4.5 of whichever flavor of the 61?

Hemi
If speed really is the thing then try a good used Canon or Nikon or other 300mm f/2.8 fullframe lens at a similar-ish price if you look around.... and if you want to use a smaller than FF sensor then you could even try a Metabones (original or clone) 0.7x reducer on top of that. Or go crazier still with a 400mm f/2.8 with a fully corrected FF image circle and then add a 0.7x reducer which would result in an effective 280mm f/2 equivalent and an approximately 30mm (reduced) fully corrected (APS size) image circle.

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 04-10-2020 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:05 AM
garymck (Gary)

Hi,
also be aware that there are several versions of the Sharpstar 61.

Some are FPL51 triplets and others are FPL53 triplets which are more expensive. Testar has the FPL53 versions:
https://www.testar.com.au/products/s...caAmcEEALw_wcB

The Raptor does not specify glass, so it is most likely based on the FPL51 cheaper/ earlier version.....

just sayin' be careful about comparing scopes and read the fine print specs....

Gary
Old 04-10-2020, 11:37 AM
AnakChan (Sean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymck View Post
Hi,
also be aware that there are several versions of the Sharpstar 61.

Some are FPL51 triplets and others are FPL53 triplets which are more expensive. Testar has the FPL53 versions:
https://www.testar.com.au/products/s...caAmcEEALw_wcB

The Raptor does not specify glass, so it is most likely based on the FPL51 cheaper/ earlier version.....

just sayin' be careful about comparing scopes and read the fine print specs....

Gary
FPL53 has been mentioned before in the previous page esp for the TS-Optics variant, but I'm more curious to the FPL51 references. May I know where I can find them? So far w.r.t. the SharpStar/TS-Optics/Radian 61 EDPH II, it's only been either only FPL53, or "unmentioned" glass.