Old 04-03-2012, 04:55 PM
kon1966 (Kon)

Mac autoguiding

Hi guys,
have macbook pro 2011 with skysafari pro, nebulosity 2 and Meade DSI II which all work.

GPUSB does not work on mac ans found Astro DCII which is quite expensive and I do not have a firewire webcam. Is there any other software for macbook pro for GPUSB to autoguide.

Regards
Kon
Old 11-03-2012, 08:41 AM
phomer (Paul)

I think you should look into PHD Guiding.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Rigel003 (Graeme)

Easiest solution might be to get an Orion Starshoot autoguider which doesn't require the GPUSB interface. Orion says it's now Mac compatible. It's also much smaller and lighter than the Meade DSI.
Old 21-06-2012, 08:35 PM
phomer (Paul)

Mac autoguiding

I use a MacBook with Lodestar with PHD Guiding and have no problems.

Before that I used a DMK Firewire camera with GPUSB but it was noisier and harder to find a guide star.

Regards

Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon1966 View Post
Hi guys,
have macbook pro 2011 with skysafari pro, nebulosity 2 and Meade DSI II which all work.

GPUSB does not work on mac ans found Astro DCII which is quite expensive and I do not have a firewire webcam. Is there any other software for macbook pro for GPUSB to autoguide.

Regards
Kon
Old 23-06-2012, 07:04 AM
DavidTrap (David)
Really just a beginner

While the Apple devices in our home outnumber the humans 2:1, I still use PC for astro imaging. Have you considered Parallels or Fusion.

Good to hear the SSAG is finally Mac compatible.

DT
Old 23-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrap View Post
While the Apple devices in our home outnumber the humans 2:1, I still use PC for astro imaging. Have you considered Parallels or Fusion.

Good to hear the SSAG is finally Mac compatible.

DT
So, given this why has QHY been so utterly unwilling to either develop or help others develop drivers for OSX on the QHY5 if Orion can for their badge-engineered copy? Sure, firmware is slightly different, but surely QHY can accommodate the changes so the the same driver can work. Is there any fundamental hardware difference? I could hardly imaging so. It's one of the most popular guide cameras out there and it's an incredible shame that they choose to ignore users on this platform. It's the ONLY reason I actually run Fusion, which I'd love to ditch and stay native. Having to accommodate and entire Windows operation system just to run a guide camera is nuts.