Old 05-12-2021, 01:43 PM
Kuz

Helix nebula

Also took this one between the maze of clouds only managed around 2 hours of 5 minute subs. Would have liked more to bring it out more .but still quite happy with the outcome .

Taken with esprit 80 and zwo 294mc pro
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Screenshot_20211205-080351_Lightroom.jpg)
116.2 KB76 views
Old 06-12-2021, 01:57 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

hi kuz,
nice work with the helix.
just a tip to set the black points of your 3 colour channels separately in levels, they aren't lined up. this will assist with the background colour.

cheers
russ
Old 06-12-2021, 09:48 PM
Kuz

Thanks Russell I will give that a try. . Currently saving up for a new computer . The one I am using struggles to process images with dithering. Hopefully will get pixinsight on board as well .
Old 07-12-2021, 07:34 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuz View Post
Thanks Russell I will give that a try. . Currently saving up for a new computer . The one I am using struggles to process images with dithering. Hopefully will get pixinsight on board as well .
no worries Kuz - i think you are using GIMP? I'm not booted into linux on this machine at the moment (where I have GIMP on this machine) but from memory, it is -> Color Tab -> levels - then you will have to select the channels from a drop down box (perhaps it is called Channel); one at a time (red green and blue ) and move the left most square towards the right, just before the front of the histogram curve.

Changing levels doesn't have to be heavy on the system -you can turn the preview option off in GIMP so it will load the changes after you move the black point.

Hope that helps.

cheers

-edit attached image on how the levels are, and how they could be lined up (photohop though) for a visual purposes
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (helix-edit.jpg)
197.6 KB9 views

Last edited by rustigsmed; 07-12-2021 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:08 PM
Kuz

Cheers Russell much appreciated for your help. I am using gimp mainly because it was free , and I started out with it. I have just download siril . I still got heaps to learn , it's valuable advise like this that makes things a bit easier.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:19 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuz View Post
Cheers Russell much appreciated for your help. I am using gimp mainly because it was free , and I started out with it. I have just download siril . I still got heaps to learn , it's valuable advise like this that makes things a bit easier.

no worries, modern versions of GIMP are way more powerful than the version of photoshop I (and a lot of people) have (CS6) - so don't discount it because it is free - it really is excellent. there just aren't many guides for gimp yet. Im slowly using it more and more over photoshop as I get more familiar with it.