Old 07-01-2021, 02:05 PM
SB (Chris)

Personal Astro Images and PhotoBooks

Hi All,
Has anyone used any local PhotoBook services for printing their Astro images? If so are there any recommendations as to a good service, size format or texture?

I thought I would print my best Astro photos for 2020.

Thanks.

Chris.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:35 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Chris,
My wife has been busy replacing the ol' photos in the shoebox with a series of photographic books. All our travels around the world.
There are many different formats available in softcover and hard cover.
The quality of the reproductions seems very good. Ideal "Coffee Table" books for the kids and extended family. I think she's done about 12 so far.
Check out Photobook Australia for all the details.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:04 AM
Tulloch (Andrew)

Here is a website reviewing some Australian Photobook sites - I eventually went with Photobook Shop since they had good reviews at a good price. The website below also offers some great deals, a 20 page lay flat A4 photobook for under $30 seemed good value to me.
https://thefilingfairies.com.au/2018...book-supplier/

I only sent an order in last week so I haven't seen the results yet, but they do offer a free test print service so you can see what your image will look like. I'll let you know how it came out when it arrives.

I also had my best images for 2020 printed at Harvey Norman on their Fuji Frontier machine, A4 on matte paper for $2 (don't get gloss, there is a warm colour cast). I'm very happy with it, I've always had good results from Fuji Frontier machines, worth checking out (IMHO).

Last edited by Tulloch; 10-01-2021 at 07:31 AM.