Old 10-08-2020, 05:54 PM
E_ri_k (Erik)

Advice on SBIG issue

Hey guys, my SBIG STT-8300 may have developed an issue with its internal guider, and I'm just after some general advice for now...

I was setting up and I noticed that USB sound when something is unplugged...had a fiddle with the cords and turned out the camera cable had a bad contact. It probably lost contact a dozen times or so. Now the guide chip isn't working properly. The main sensor still captures an image.

It's a bad attachment, but basically its just full of white/grey bands. Tried the usual, powering down, re booting etc multiple times, but can't seem to get it working.

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_4016.jpg)
200.3 KB35 views
Old 11-08-2020, 01:36 PM
gregbradley

Why don't you do a fresh install of the driver. SBIG cameras load the driver from the computer every time they boot up. Or at least the older models do that. So perhaps the driver got corrupted by the cable interrupting this.

Greg.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:32 PM
E_ri_k (Erik)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Why don't you do a fresh install of the driver. SBIG cameras load the driver from the computer every time they boot up. Or at least the older models do that. So perhaps the driver got corrupted by the cable interrupting this.

Greg.
Hi Greg, thanks I’ll try that. That was my next point of call. I had another go today and same issue. Connected the gear in CCD Ops and tried both sensors individually. The guide chip just returns an image with no histogram data regardless of exposure time or light intensity. The shutter operates however. The imaging sensor seems fine though. Will also try the HDMI cable from the guide head. Home schooling prevented any major progress haha!

Erik