Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 03-05-2021, 02:55 PM
Graman (GR)

~40mm eyepiece to use with SCT

Looking for an eyepiece around 38 to 42 mm focal length to use with SCT. Something like the following would be ideal:

https://agenaastro.com/agena-38mm-su...-eyepiece.html

https://agenaastro.com/gso-42mm-superview-eyepiece.html

Please let me know by PM if you have one surplus to your needs and how much you are looking for it.

Cheers,
GR

Last edited by Graman; 12-05-2021 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Found one, thanks!
Old 03-05-2021, 05:04 PM
SkyWatch (Dean)

Hi GR, sorry I haven't got one I want to part with, but I see that Andrews have the 1 1/4" GSO 40mm plossl for $49, and the 2" GSO 42 SV for $99, as well as the CSV 42 (a normal SV, but with an adapter for camera projection) also for $99.

If you have never used the Andrews site before, it is a bit in need of an upgrade!: http://www.andrewscom.com.au/site-section-10.htm
- you have to scroll to the Guan Sheng stuff, and scroll down until you find their eyepieces...

All the best,

Dean

(PS: FWIW, in case you haven't used it, the 42 SV works really well with an SCT. Not so hot on faster scopes though. )
Old 04-05-2021, 10:48 AM
Graman (GR)

Thanks for the heads-up

Thanks for the heads-up regarding Andrews - yes, the website does look like something out of the late 1990's!

I currently use the Bintel 30mm wide field in my SCT (which I believe is rebranded GSO SuperView) and find it quite good at f/10.

I want to try out something wider to get more FOV for the upcoming Lunar Eclipse in end-May. Was hoping to buy used in case it doesn't work well as I read some conflicting threads on Cloudy Nights etc. on the 42mm GSO with vignetting issues etc. Unfortunately can't afford the top-end Panoptics or Pentaxes

Still open to purchase if anyone has upgraded their long focal length EP and has a spare GSO 42mm SuperView available for sale

Glad to note that 42mm SuperView is a good match for the SCT though. If I don't hear from anyone in the next couple of weeks, I may end-up buying it new...

Thanks & clear skies,
GR
Old 05-05-2021, 06:56 PM
Dave882 (David)

Hey mate just saw your thread...
I’ve got one of these superview 42mm eyepieces that is getting no use at the moment so happy to let it go. It’s “Yorkoptical” brand but by the looks of things might be out of the same factory. Pretty good condition but no rubber grip.
Photo attached...

Send me a PM if interested...
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DB42BA08-7BBD-449A-B8D9-A35FABB4A8CF.jpg)
61.2 KB23 views
Old 07-05-2021, 10:07 AM
Graman (GR)

Hi Dave882,

Thanks for the offer and the PM as well. I am looking for a 2 inch EP, but I will give this a pass as the rubber grip is missing. I tend to have butter fingers as it is, which gets compounded in the cold and dark!

Thanks once again and clear skies!