Old 18-04-2021, 11:21 AM
Zuts

Pixinsight Question

Hi,

Hopefully someone can answer this.

Suppose I have two sets of images of the same object taken months apart. Also suppose I have a set of flats for both sets. The flats will be different for each set as the dust distribution on the camera/lens will have changed over the months.

Can I just use WBPP script and throw in all the images and flats and PI will take care of it or do I have to manually deal with each image separately and apply the correct flat to each image?

Thanks
Paul
Old 18-04-2021, 05:43 PM
ChrisD (Chris)
Image, Stack, Repeat.

Hi Paul,

You can use WBPP but not in a way you have before.

Normally, using the defaults, WBPP will calibrate, debayer (from a OSC camera), register and integrate you images to produce the final image.

You will need to use WBPP for the calibration and debayer functions but turn off the registration and Integration and do them separately.

First load into WBPP the first night of light, dark, flats, bias, whatever us normally use. Go to the the lights tab of WBPP and deselect the Apply box of "image registration" and "image integration". Then "run" as usual.

Do this again for the second night of data. Each nights data is done separately.

The WBPP output will be a set of debayered images with darks and flats and bias applied.

Now for both nights images you need to register them to line them up, and Integrate them all to get the final image.

Use process>StarAlignment for all the images, and then process>ImageIntegration to finish the workflow.

You should now have the finished image correctly calibrated and stacked.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisD; 18-04-2021 at 06:07 PM.
Old 18-04-2021, 07:15 PM
Zuts

Hi,

Brilliant, thanks Chris.