Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Mark Axisa (Mark)
Big EshTaste

Coronado PST with Double Stack ***Price drop!!***

Hi All - Mark here again.

Another great item for sale in my endeavour to buy newer and bigger equipment!

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with my PST double stack - it gives amazing views for such a small scope.

It was purchased new in 2011 and is in mint condition.

Selling price: $1000 ONO

Includes:
  • Aluminium hard case with foam cutouts, a perfect way to transport and keep it in great condition
  • 20 plossl eye piece
Due to the size and weight of the case, I would recommend pick up only. I wouldn't suggest postage incase of damage and cost.

MORE tech information...
  • The Personal Solar Telescope (PST) is a Coronado innovation. The world's most popular telescope to observe the Sun. This 40mm diameter highly portable dedicated solar telescope features completly internal non-removable and student safe solar filtering optics with a 1.0 angstrom hydrogen-alpha (Ha) bandpass for great surface detail. The PST will show you the dynamic, ever changing prominences at the edge of the Sun as well as filaments and other surface details in amazing detail, all in the brilliant and distinctive red color of hydrogen-alpha light.
  • Study of the solar disk is now within the reach of the amateur astronomer. The PST represents the same technology and quality that goes into a SolarMax series telescope available to the new solar astronomer at the cost of some single premium eyepieces.
  • Features a 40mm diameter dedicated Ha optical system with 30mm internal etalon primary blocking filter and incorporated focuser and bandpass fine adjustment controls and built in solar viewfinder. 400mm focal length, f/10 focal ratio, with Kellner eyepiece. Tripod not included.
  • Includes 40mm Double Stack external etalon with T-Max Tuner for unbelievable deatil at <0.5 Angstroms!
  • Mounting options include use on a standard photo tripod (scope is threaded for a standard camera 1/4-20 mounting bolt) A custom hard case is additionally available separately. Open up a whole new world of astronomy with the Coronado PST.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (photo (19).jpg)
194.5 KB176 views
Click for full-size image (photo (20).jpg)
188.3 KB158 views
Click for full-size image (photo (21).jpg)
197.8 KB175 views
Click for full-size image (photo (18).jpg)
206.4 KB186 views

Last edited by Mark Axisa; 12-02-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Mark Axisa (Mark)
Big EshTaste

PST double stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Axisa View Post
Hi All - Mark here again.

Another great item for sale in my endeavour to buy newer and bigger equipment!

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with my PST double stack - it gives amazing views for such a small scope.

It was purchased new in 2011 and is in mint condition.

Selling price: $1050 ONO

Includes:
  • Aluminium hard case with foam cutouts, a perfect way to transport and keep it in great condition
  • 20 plossl eye piece
Due to the size and weight of the case, I would recommend pick up only. I wouldn't suggest postage incase of damage and cost.

MORE tech information...
  • The Personal Solar Telescope (PST) is a Coronado innovation. The world's most popular telescope to observe the Sun. This 40mm diameter highly portable dedicated solar telescope features completly internal non-removable and student safe solar filtering optics with a 1.0 angstrom hydrogen-alpha (Ha) bandpass for great surface detail. The PST will show you the dynamic, ever changing prominences at the edge of the Sun as well as filaments and other surface details in amazing detail, all in the brilliant and distinctive red color of hydrogen-alpha light.
  • Study of the solar disk is now within the reach of the amateur astronomer. The PST represents the same technology and quality that goes into a SolarMax series telescope available to the new solar astronomer at the cost of some single premium eyepieces.
  • Features a 40mm diameter dedicated Ha optical system with 30mm internal etalon primary blocking filter and incorporated focuser and bandpass fine adjustment controls and built in solar viewfinder. 400mm focal length, f/10 focal ratio, with Kellner eyepiece. Tripod not included.
  • Includes 40mm Double Stack external etalon with T-Max Tuner for unbelievable deatil at <0.5 Angstroms!
  • Mounting options include use on a standard photo tripod (scope is threaded for a standard camera 1/4-20 mounting bolt) A custom hard case is additionally available separately. Open up a whole new world of astronomy with the Coronado PST.
Heaps of looks nobody keen in buying a mint PST doublestacked?
Will be happy to give a demo to serious buys .
The views this pst gives will impress
Open to offers
Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Where are you located?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 PM
acropolite (Phil)

Quote:
That could be the reason for the lack of interest.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:48 PM
John0z (John)

Mark,

I am interested in getting a solar scope like this but need to get a job first to afford one.

-John
Old 04-02-2013, 04:41 PM
mithrandir (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin66 View Post
Where are you located?
Assuming the lat/lon is correct, somewhere near Sydney. IIS says 36km from me.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Mark Axisa (Mark)
Big EshTaste

Pst double stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir View Post
Assuming the lat/lon is correct, somewhere near Sydney. IIS says 36km from me.
I'm located in Miranda mate so yes close to you
Old 05-02-2013, 11:18 AM
asimov (John)
Planet photographer

I would have been all over this in a flash had I not just purchased one elsewhere before this add placement. Good luck with the sale!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Mark Axisa (Mark)
Big EshTaste

Pst double stack "Price Drop"

Hi everyone Mark here

Really need some cash for new equipment so dropping the price of my PST double stack to $1000 thanks everyone!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:27 PM
h0ughy (David)

PM sent