Old 21-08-2021, 12:35 AM
Zuts

NGC 7923, Helix Nebula.

NGC 7923, Helix Nebula.

Esprit 120 on AZEQ6 with ASI2600 MC Osc, No Filters

81 by 150 seconds, bias, darks and flats

Processed in Pixinsight

Data aquired over two two nights in Glebe, One night was windy, the other night was great after 11 pm.

This is the first time i have captured and processed data from the same target over two nights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (ngc7293.jpg)
198.3 KB83 views
Old 21-08-2021, 06:58 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Little noisy but it's shaping up to be a corker. You've already got all the good bits in the right spots.
Old 21-08-2021, 07:02 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Great effort on a small faint target under Sydney skies
Lots of noise thought ( LP and maybe moon glare as well thrown in )
Helix needs to be captured with a NB filter ( L Enhance or L Extreme or Duoband ) using a OSC to expose fine detail and block out unwanted signal ) also next time try to capture 3 to 4 hours and you will expose much more including it’s eye brow
Your camera is doing it’s job but needs a buddy ( NB filter ) and more time on the object
Well done !!!
Old 21-08-2021, 08:11 AM
AdamJL

Good work. I’m down the road from you and have tried this target a few times with the same camera. I usually go for longer subs (not always a good idea in light polluted skies!) because otherwise it’s hard to process as it gets very noisy very fast.
This is a hard object to shoot even in darker skies so I think this is a great result from your location. Keep up the good work
Old 26-08-2021, 06:00 AM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Little noisy but it's shaping up to be a corker. You've already got all the good bits in the right spots.
Thanks Marc,

I probably won't persist with this one. There was no moon, but there was some backburning smoke haze and high cloud. The next night I took some time with Sculptor, there was more wind but no smoke and cloud, the difference in noise is very evident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Great effort on a small faint target under Sydney skies
Lots of noise thought ( LP and maybe moon glare as well thrown in )
Helix needs to be captured with a NB filter ( L Enhance or L Extreme or Duoband ) using a OSC to expose fine detail and block out unwanted signal ) also next time try to capture 3 to 4 hours and you will expose much more including it’s eye brow
Your camera is doing it’s job but needs a buddy ( NB filter ) and more time on the object
Well done !!!
Thanks Martin,

New moon but smoke haze, high cloud and inner city LP. I did get around 3 hours on this target but the subs were quite short at 150s. Normally under dark skies I go for a minimum of 300s.

I do have a ZWO duoband and have used it a few times, but really don't like the amount of red. It is a OSC so where possible I like shooting without the filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
Good work. I’m down the road from you and have tried this target a few times with the same camera. I usually go for longer subs (not always a good idea in light polluted skies!) because otherwise it’s hard to process as it gets very noisy very fast.
This is a hard object to shoot even in darker skies so I think this is a great result from your location. Keep up the good work
Thanks Adam.

Yes, noise is a problem in the inner city. Out of curiosity, you said you are down the road from me, can you tell me where you shoot. I shoot next to the water in Bicentennial park. There is a concrete bench where I can keep my stuff, a cement base for the mount and good views. There is a fair bit of light from across the water from Rozelle and towards the cbd and Anzac bridge but nearby park lights are blocked by some trees, so not too bad for my area.