Old 09-07-2020, 07:13 AM
zzchaozz

Problem with Atik EFW3 wheel

I have a serious issue with this filter wheel which has been ticking me off recently.

The wheel has a good build quality. Run solid for the first 1-2 hours, then suddenly it indicates wrong filter slot, goes to a wrong filter, doesn't move, motor completely stops.

Everytime it acts up, I have to go outside, unplug the power cable and plug it in again multiple times to make it goes normal again.

Has anyone got a similar experience? Any ideas which causes it to happen? Really need some advice on this.

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:36 AM
brisen (Brian)

Have you update the drivers to the latest version from the Atik site. There was a bug in the driver software that has apparently been fixed in the updated drivers they published late last week.

Brian
Old 09-07-2020, 10:11 AM
zzchaozz

Thanks, I've just updated the driver. Pulled off everything, clean them up, check for cables then put back together.

Will see tonight or tomorrow if the problem still occurs.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:24 PM
zzchaozz

Right, the issue with the EFW3 was that its mechanic counter was wrong, I had to send back to Bintel for a warranty repair and everything is well. Bah, still troublesome,