Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers

Old 21-06-2022, 10:41 PM
barx1963 (Malcolm)
Bright the hawk's flight

Question about N.I.N.A vs SGP

I have used SGP for several years now. Have looked at N.I.N.A and have a quick query. One the features I like in SGP is the use of profiles for equipment and also user profiles. Makes setting up different combos of gear easy and also with user profiles, setting up different observing sites. Cannot work out how to do the same thing in NINA, seems like I have to selected the suite of gear I am using each time. Am I wrong?

Malcolm
Old 21-06-2022, 10:53 PM
AdamJL

Hi Malcolm

You can definitely setup gear profiles in NINA. See the images I've attached of

1. the "gear selection" window that pop up when you first open the program. From here you choose the gear you want for the night from the drop down menu.

2. the profile screen where you setup your gear. Each profile is tied to it's own settings in the program. So for instance, for the ASKAR scopes, I tie it to settings for a ZWO EAF. For the Esprit scopes, I have the PrimaLuceLab Esatto focuser settings instead.

Note each profile doesn't allow you to set up absolute specifics of all the gear for that profile. E.g. I don't actually tell it to connect to the Esatto when selecting the Esprit profiles, I do that manually, but the settings for focuser backlash (it has none ) are tied to the profile.

For user profiles, I don't think it has that. I have locations setup in EQMod and when I connect the mount to NINA, it will bring through the location of whatever I've selected in EQMod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Profile Window.jpg)
71.4 KB60 views
Click for full-size image (Settings.jpg)
109.6 KB58 views