Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 15-10-2020, 12:20 AM
mandragara (Richard)

Arrow 10" or 12" Solid Tube Dobsonian (non-GOTO)

Hi friends,

I'm based in Lindfield, Sydney (near Chatswood) and I'm looking for a brand-name 10/12 inch Solid Tube Dobsonian to upgrade from my 6".

I've been looking to buy a new one but they're either out of stock (AstroAnarchy) or the price is $1k+, which is pushing my budget.

So if you have one and are planning to sell it, or would like to downsize to a 6" and some cash, please kindly let me know.

I'm not in need of any accessories, finderscopes, eyepieces etc. If that helps.

Thanks,

Richard
Old 01-11-2020, 03:09 PM
OpticNerve (Colin)

Hi Richard,

I have a 12" GSO Dobsonian that I purchased new in 2008. I rarely use it now due to increased light pollution at my home although I did take it to Dubbo two weeks ago to check out the Andromeda galaxy. Wasn't bad considering it was less than 15 degrees above the horizon.

Mechanically it is in good condition but the mirror needs re-coating. I can send photos if interested. Will sell for $300.

Regards
Colin
Old 17-11-2020, 10:47 PM
mandragara (Richard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticNerve View Post
Hi Richard,

I have a 12" GSO Dobsonian that I purchased new in 2008. I rarely use it now due to increased light pollution at my home although I did take it to Dubbo two weeks ago to check out the Andromeda galaxy. Wasn't bad considering it was less than 15 degrees above the horizon.

Mechanically it is in good condition but the mirror needs re-coating. I can send photos if interested. Will sell for $300.

Regards
Colin
Hi Colin,

Thanks for the reply but I decided to just buy a new one. Collapsible designs eventually sold me.