Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #21  
Old 05-06-2024, 09:22 PM
Saturn488
Registered User

Saturn488 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 372
I got a Manfrotto Element MII purely for travelling. No complaints.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-06-2024, 10:13 PM
Plossl68 (Paul)
Registered User

Plossl68 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne, australia
Posts: 54
I took a good look at Artcise and thought it was just too good to be true at the price. Would love to know what you think if you buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRAW View Post
Iíve been reading lots of good things about the Artcise. There is the CS travel range or the slightly heavier AS which Iím considering.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-06-2024, 10:18 PM
Plossl68 (Paul)
Registered User

Plossl68 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne, australia
Posts: 54
Well, the Benro Tortoise arrived and itís a beautiful piece of kit. Super lightweight. So light in fact that Iíll certainly weight it (built in hook supplied) when using it in the field. Iíve set it up with the SkyGuider at home and it all hangs together well. Now, we just need some clear skies.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-06-2024, 10:23 PM
NCRAW
Registered User

NCRAW is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plossl68 View Post
I took a good look at Artcise and thought it was just too good to be true at the price. Would love to know what you think if you buy.
A gentleman on cloudy nights bought the AS90C earlier this year and he loves it. Says its rock solid and highly recommends it. I am waiting on a sale to get the AS95C. That's their flagship with 40KG max load and 2.7kg weight I believe.

Thinking of either using an old Vixen Custom D I have in storage or buy a Sightron which has the 3/8" female.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-06-2024, 07:30 AM
Plossl68 (Paul)
Registered User

Plossl68 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne, australia
Posts: 54
Yes the 90 and 95C are serious tripodsÖcloser to 4.5kg though I thought, which ruled them out for my ultralight rig. TBH, they look a lot like the TC40 I bought a year ago which is about that weight. Itís very stable for light rigs, but was just too bulky to backpack around 😢

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRAW View Post
A gentleman on cloudy nights bought the AS90C earlier this year and he loves it. Says its rock solid and highly recommends it. I am waiting on a sale to get the AS95C. That's their flagship with 40KG max load and 2.7kg weight I believe.

Thinking of either using an old Vixen Custom D I have in storage or buy a Sightron which has the 3/8" female.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-06-2024, 12:40 AM
NCRAW
Registered User

NCRAW is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plossl68 View Post
Yes the 90 and 95C are serious tripodsÖcloser to 4.5kg though I thought, which ruled them out for my ultralight rig. TBH, they look a lot like the TC40 I bought a year ago which is about that weight. Itís very stable for light rigs, but was just too bulky to backpack around 😢
This does sound like what I want. Something for home and move it to the back yard or verandah then fold away.

Have a look at the C range from Artcise. They are the Compact ones designed for travel. I believe this is a C90
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 26-06-2024, 10:01 AM
r2d2's Avatar
r2d2
gabriel

r2d2 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Parramatta
Posts: 7
Innorel RT90c central column

I would like to buy an Innorel RT90c. Is the central column sturdy enough to rise it just a bit to avoid hitting the tripod legs when you point the telescope above your head?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 28-06-2024, 02:33 PM
NCRAW
Registered User

NCRAW is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 112
Have a look at the Articise range on eBay. There are the "C" models which stand for Compact and are made for travelling.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 04:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement