Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 27-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poita View Post
Really? I almost never use the LCD on my camera, except to check the shot I just took. I always use the viewfinder unless taking an overhead shot etc.
Agreed - I find that trying to use the monitor to compose a scene quickly is well-nigh impossible - apart from the glare, it's too cumbersome a process to translate (rather than swivel) the whole body up and down, left and right and accurately position your frame line at arm's length. When you view through the viewfinder it's your head that swivels with the camera as one - a much faster and more accurate way to frame a shot that also requires far less movement - also allowing you to tuck either elbow in, creating a more solid platform.

Last edited by Omaroo; 27-07-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 27-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

^^^ the same reason why I just can't use a point and shoot camera. I hate looking at an LCD to compose a shot. That is, unless, I'm on a tripod and using Live View to compose a landscape.

H
Old 27-07-2012, 12:48 PM
lacad01 (Adam)
The sky is Messier here!

What Peter said, only use the LCD screen on my cameras to view the shot after it's taken or on the rare ocassions I use LiveView to focuss on stars for night/astro shots...