Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 22-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Finbar (Barry)

Which Baader ClickLock is needed?

Hi all.

My Sky Rover 130mm has the 4” United Optics focuser, but I would like to switch its 2” eyepiece/accessory holder (the usual 3 thumbscrew type) to a Baader Clicklock, but can’t work out which one I need. I tried to measure it as Baader say to, but now have reason not to trust my cheap (time to find a good set). Does any one here know the correct size or Baader item I need?

I haven’t had the chance to give Cris (Astronomy Alive) a call yet, and hope the knowledge might already be here.
Thanks.
Old 27-06-2021, 06:11 AM
Finbar (Barry)

Well, this is a little embarrassing.
After speaking with Cris, and measuring again with new, good quality calliper, the readings were still odd. Umm; read the scale properly! Feeling a little silly, it indicates male fitting, M68 x 1 - the Zeiss norm.
Turns out that Baader ClickLock one is out of stock anywhere I found it, with indications it would not be in stock until early 2022. However, APM produces a similar FastLock adapter in the correct size. It is on order now, and once received I can confirm here, in case anyone else looks at the same thing.
The prompt for seeking this was to more safely accommodate the Denkmeier Binotron.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:00 PM
Finbar (Barry)

The focuser's end thread is indeed M68 x 1, and the just arrived APM FastLock is now installed. Apart from an early, and all too short cold snap, the Atherton Tablelands has been been having a miserably wet winter, so no idea how long before this is put to use or any views to be enjoyed.