Old 29-11-2007, 08:21 PM
GazzMeister

Neximage + Vista = :(

Good evening People

Does anyone know if there are drivers available yet? I'm a bit upset with myself for going out and buying a laptop SOLELY for using my new neximage. I borrowed a neximage off a mate and I've been dragging the gigantic PC over to the window to get a few shots of the moon lately. Eventually I thought I'd go and buy a laptop just for a webcam, and also, stellarium, cartes du ciel, etc. Now I find that the neximage doesn't work under vista, no drivers.... I really hope I haven't just bought a $2000 planisphere

Any ideas?

Gareth
Old 30-11-2007, 09:53 AM
programmer
Computer tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzMeister View Post
Good evening People

Does anyone know if there are drivers available yet? I'm a bit upset with myself for going out and buying a laptop SOLELY for using my new neximage. I borrowed a neximage off a mate and I've been dragging the gigantic PC over to the window to get a few shots of the moon lately. Eventually I thought I'd go and buy a laptop just for a webcam, and also, stellarium, cartes du ciel, etc. Now I find that the neximage doesn't work under vista, no drivers.... I really hope I haven't just bought a $2000 planisphere

Any ideas?

Gareth
Hi Gareth, I hope someone can answer your question soon. I can't except to ask if you've googled a lot or gone to the manufacturer's web site. Also I've found Vista to be pretty good at finding drivers itself. Give it a few minutes though. Worst case is you buy a copy of XP (new or 2nd hand) and cut your losses ($2000=can't use, $2130 = can use). I just bought a new laptop for < $700, but I didn't need grunt. Runs Stellarium fine though, and also my webcam and DSC (not that I've been able to use them grrr).
Old 30-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Marko of Oz (Mark)

This thread on CloudyNights forum has a method to get the Neximage working on Vista. I haven't tried it personally but maybe it'll help you.
Old 30-11-2007, 12:45 PM
programmer
Computer tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko of Oz View Post
This thread on CloudyNights forum has a method to get the Neximage working on Vista. I haven't tried it personally but maybe it'll help you.
ick.. clicking on that thread just got me a big bold warning from my work's web monitoring
Old 30-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Marko of Oz (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmer View Post
ick.. clicking on that thread just got me a big bold warning from my work's web monitoring
The cloudynights forum site is as "safe" as the next site. Many members here are also members there. I'm not about to second guess your works' security setup though. Maybe they don't want you surfing forums.