Old 26-02-2022, 08:57 AM
StargazerMan (Frank)

Hello from Ireland!

Hey all. Just wanted to say hello again, I used to have an account here years ago but just can't seem to recover it. I've been actively involved in Am. Astronomy for most of my life. Helping to run clubs, organise star parties, public viewing sessions and so on. Used to be big into astrophotography but now more interested in deep sky visual observing. Although I will always love taking the odd Milky Way landscape shot.

I like a bit of Planetary and lunar imaging but with our latitude here, the Planets are always a challenge. Was delighted a few years ago when Bird spotted 'that' impact on Jupiter and put out the call for us overseas to check when Jupiter rises would the mark rotate into view... and when it did.. wow! What a blast. This is what it's all about.

I love travelling to dark skies and been to quite a few worldwide, but the West Coast of Ireland for the lack of good weather does have a good lack of light pollution. I hope to get to Australia in a few years for the TSE's there. Seen a few before so one down under would be awesome, as I'm sure, the fantastic Southern Sky's would be.

If anyone is bored....
My astropics here;
YouTube channel here;
Old 26-02-2022, 10:58 AM
quanganh (Anh Nguyen)

Hi Frank. Nice to meet you.
Old 26-02-2022, 11:44 AM
gaseous (Patrick)

Hi Frank, enjoy your (second) stay.