Old 26-09-2021, 10:48 AM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

61MP Astro Camera

Amazing... but $$$$$$ ....play money for the Rich ...

.....Vaonis also clarified that the Hyperia would be available for €45,000 or $45,000, not the over $57,000 that the conversion of euro to the dollar would have resulted in.

https://petapixel.com/2021/09/21/vao...escope-camera/

Scroll down to some images taken ...just beautiful.

Col.... ( I'm sure I could find a better way of spending that sort on Money .... ( A 10" TEC MAK would satisfy me and still have money left over. )

Last edited by FlashDrive; 26-09-2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old 26-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

https://vaonis.com/hyperia/en/

150mm F7 Apo Refractor
Zicral ... is this like Unobtainium
Direct Drive
Effectively a QHY 600M camera

Nah I would just buy the new APQ Zeiss 150/1200 Fluorite Quadruplet Polychromat and use the QHY600
Old 26-09-2021, 03:07 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Beautiful images indeed, but certainly not "better" than what can be produced for a lot less $ with any quality APO (or other OTA). It is a slick system for those wanting to do the hobby without much effort I guess. Kinda takes the "sport" (and perhaps frustration) out of things but at a crazy price!

Peter
Old 26-09-2021, 04:00 PM
Rerouter (Ryan)

For that kind of money, a 150 Esprit is one of the sharpest for that size scopes I've tested the images from, combine it with a great astro cam, throw it on an EQ8RH, a Pier, in an automated dome, all the accesories related and pay someone a grand to set it all up to just work, and end up cheaper
Old 26-09-2021, 04:58 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Col,
Very impressive , very expensive and I’m sure it’s a well designed and engineered quality instrument, but I’ve seen images on our IIS forum by very dedicated amateur Astrophotographers just as good if not better than these examples using mass produced Chinese lower end mounts lower end scopes ( both refractor and newt ) and ZWO / QHY cooled and uncooled cameras ( $5k to $10k rigs ) under all different skies

Thanks for posting

Cheers
Martin
Old 27-09-2021, 07:07 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Clearly because there are many very rich people around these days producers are onto giving them a "better" more expensive item... Earlier I was looking at wrist watches and actually ending up buying one for $80 but the number out there over _$5000 took my breath away.
AND no doubt if one looked, as I seem to recall, you could pay $250,000 if so inclined.
I feel almost sick in the stomach the money I have spent recently but seeing this camera in the OP actually makes me feel somewhat conservative...( My camera count all up in now 11 cameras from DSLR to security "trail" cameras...amazing how stuff accumulates but imagine if I eas paying approx $50,000 a throw..FOR me I am already playing with gear that realistically I can not utilise to get the results available.
I actually could spend much more and not miss it and have often thought of a 24 inch but as I mentioned I could not do it justice...even buying a expensive top of the pile Tak would be lost on me.. visually my eyes probably could not tell between a Tak or a under a grand doublet...like when bike racing..I raced 250 cc because I could not "wring out" a 400 cc..had nothing to do with cost.
Alex