Old 05-11-2021, 06:36 PM
John K

Nikon Z t-ring advice

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a Nikon Z t-ring adaptor to use with a Nikon Z6ii initially to be used with both my scopes for shooting things like lunar eclipses etc. I have a 12.5" f/5 reflectors and a 10 f/7 ODK - so no issues here.

However, I want to future proof what I buy which most likely will be a small refractor with a reducer/corrector requiring I believe the 55mm spacing distance to the sensor.

From what I can see, I have these options:

Cheapy from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com.au/LingoFoto-...s%2C380&sr=8-2

William Optics:
https://www.testar.com.au/products/w...ng-for-nikon-z

Baader:
https://www.testar.com.au/products/b...igital-cameras

William Optics says it is designed to be at the correct back-focus, whilst Baader allow various spacers to be used.

One other concern in vignetting.

From those using t-rings with short focus refractors and reducers/correctors, any thoughts on these? Will the William Optics do it or does Baader provide more flexibility?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Clear skies.

John K.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:23 PM
floyd_2 (Dean)

I have the Baader one for my Sony A6000. I looked at what was available, and wanted the shortest one possible. If, for example, you grabbed that one from Amazon, you've eaten up a lot of potential room in your back focus that you could later have used for a filter drawer etc. For me, the Baader allowed me to place a ZWO 2" filter drawer quite close to the sensor. Food for thought anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_4443.jpg)
86.7 KB11 views
Old 06-11-2021, 02:01 PM
John K

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_2 View Post
I have the Baader one for my Sony A6000. I looked at what was available, and wanted the shortest one possible. If, for example, you grabbed that one from Amazon, you've eaten up a lot of potential room in your back focus that you could later have used for a filter drawer etc. For me, the Baader allowed me to place a ZWO 2" filter drawer quite close to the sensor. Food for thought anyway.
Thanks Dean - I already have a mono and filter set up so don't think I'll be need it with a filter wheel - was more worries about vignetting and being at the right distance to a reducer/corrector