ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2022, 08:14 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Covid

Anyone here had Covid, I am just getting over it, 3 days to go until I am out of jail so to speak. Still showing positive on the RAT, but no symptoms now. Did have a pretty full on cold for 2 days and a massive headache day one, but now luckily all seems to have subsided. I take very large doses of liposimal vitamin C and D3 as well as zinc. Also triple vaccinated.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:24 PM
JA

Hi Peter,

I had it ~ 9months ago and go over it in a few days. Sore throat and tired one day mostly.

Get well soon Peter.

Best
JA
Old 01-05-2022, 08:25 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Thanks mate, feel absolutely fine now, the boss is good as well, she has it too.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:42 PM
Startrek (Martin)

My wife had COVID in February and took at least 10 days to start to feel better, a RAT test on day 7 still showed positive, and a PCR test showed negative day 11
Definitely not 7 days for her

She’s 62 and in good health

Everyone’s situation is different I suppose
Old 01-05-2022, 10:00 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Hi Martin, yeah spot on it seems to affect everyone differently. I am coming up 75 thought it would knock the crapper out of me, must be one of the lucky ones.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:11 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Hi Peter,

yes have had it, the main thing for me was difficulty sleeping (non stop post nasal drip) which prolonged it a couple of days despite being just lethargic - just needed some behind the counter cold and flu tablets to make the sleep happen - then it was almost instantly sorted. Definitely is quite variable, it can zero out a weakness and go hard at it.

Cheers

Cheers
Old 03-05-2022, 06:55 PM
Paul Haese

Good to hear you are on the mend Pete. It seems to spread so easily, I am sure I will get it myself at some point. Though that said today I got my 2nd booster in an effort to lessen the effects of contracting the virus. It was a bit of a rigmarole as I had to tell them I was immunocompromised due to medication, luckily it was the same pharmacy that I get my meds from so they could check easily. I certainly would not go out of my way to get yet another shot. However, I have rounded off the shots now with Moderna, after having Pfizer for my first booster and AZ for the primaries. No apparent side effects yet after 6 hours. The other shots side effects kicked in over 24 hours from the shot, so I anticipate that something will happen within the next 10 hours or so.
Old 03-05-2022, 06:59 PM
leon

No I have not had it, which is good i expect, hope every one stays safe and well.

Leon
Old 03-05-2022, 07:06 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Everyone around me at work and my own son and my parents had it at one stage or another. I am a teacher in a school where it went through our staff room and a lot of my classes yet somehow, despite all that my wife and myself have so far been unaffected. Even my son's bout was extremely mild. We are either lucky or just have decent immunity. I'm triple vaxxed wife and son double vaxxed.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:07 PM
Bart
Don't have a cow, Man!

My son and I got it pretty bad. I'm triple reduced and he is double. We had about three days of bad chest, poor breathing, vomiting, bad body aches, the sorest throat I've ever had, severe disorientation and a range of smaller symptoms. Three weeks later I test negative on a RAT although we both still seem to have a weird cough and some tightness in the chest.

I cannot imagine how sick we may have been had we not had our reducer shots. Hope I don't get it again.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:18 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

It seems so weirdly inconsistent. A mate and his partner have both had it this week. She is a fitness nut, gym every day, robust and healthy, he has a type of leukaemia and expected COVID might well knock him off.

He had a headache and sore throat for a day, she has spent the last week wiped out in bed and is only really on the improve over the last day or two. Both are up to date on Vax.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:22 PM
AdamJL

Amazing how it impacts many people so differently. *knock wood* but I haven’t had it and neither has my Mrs nor the kids. My father in law has and he is unbelievably fit. He’s in his late 70s and cycles 30miles a day easily. He’s triple vaxxed and caught COVID in Feb but it still recovering.
Another guy at my work had it and was sick for a day or so. He doesn’t do any exercise.
And another guy as well had it but ended up quitting because he suffered long term effects. A lady in my team, severe diabetic but fit like Wonder Woman is suffering long COVID symptoms after getting it last year
Old 06-05-2022, 12:09 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

I caught it a few weeks ago, just before my wife's 50th birthday celebration week, which really endeared me to all. Had a sore throat for a day or two, but that was about it - I've had worse hangovers. Passed it onto my kids and wife, who all got it slightly worse than me. Wife is still pretty crook, but I reckon she might be just bunging it on a bit. Sympathy to all those who are really struggling through it.
Old 06-05-2022, 12:36 PM
AdamJL

Literally spoke too soon. One day after reporting no one in my family has got it, my son comes down with it
Old 06-05-2022, 12:42 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Touching wood here. Nobody got seriously sick. I think everyone has caught a variant or another at some stage. We're all triple/double vaxed. One relo got it bad (delta) and is still recovering. He's 35 and very fit.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:45 AM
PCH (Paul)

Quick question guys, - we’ve all heard that getting Covid (and recovering), allows your body to build up a stronger immunity against it in the future.

But if you get the Omicron variety (as an example), which as we know means you probs got off quite lightly, does that strengthen your immune system against any and all of the varieties, such as delta?

I was just wondering. Anybody know the answer?