Old 17-01-2012, 09:48 AM
OzRob (Rob)

Resetting Astrophysics Mount sync data

Something a bit odd occured with our AP 900GTO mount. It appears that on power up it began tracking which it does not normally do. The mount was left on but was not connected to the computer. It had tracked across to the other side of meridan and luckily didn't collect anything on the way through. I don't know how but it lost it's sync. We tried to resync it but now it is has no idea where it is and slews in the wrong direction. I suspect that the mount thought it was on the other side when the sync was performed. The question is how do you delete the sync data in the AP mounts?
Old 17-01-2012, 09:56 AM
DavidTrap (David)
Really just a beginner

Sounds scary. I've slept through an alarm once to come back and find my mount 3-4hrs past the meridian with the camera having missed the pier by 10mm. Hopefully a "motor stall" would have saved you from disaster had a collision occurred.

As to the resyncing problem - I can only guess that a resync has occurred with the counterweights above the horizontal (i.e. scope pointed past the meridian). I recall something from the manual of this causing big problems. Not sure how you fix that - especially as I'm assuming this is a remote setup for you???

DT
Old 17-01-2012, 10:15 AM
OzRob (Rob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrap View Post
As to the resyncing problem - I can only guess that a resync has occurred with the counterweights above the horizontal (i.e. scope pointed past the meridian). I recall something from the manual of this causing big problems. Not sure how you fix that - especially as I'm assuming this is a remote setup for you???

DT
That is not possible as the re-sync was being performed with someone there. We have support onsite but he is not very knowledgeable on AP mounts (just like me...lol).