Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 11-07-2020, 03:32 PM
RugbyRene (Rene)

Meade LX90 OTA & mount/field tripod - offers

Hi,

I'm selling my Meade LX-90 OTA and a separate Alt-Az Mount and field tripod.

It used to be one unit by I de-forked the OTA so I could use it on my EQ mount.

I'm looking for any reasonable offers for all or part of what I'm selling. Be warned. As I've had this for a number of years, I have lost bits and pieces so this is not a full and complete set-up. This will suit someone who likes to tinker, or who may have an EQ mount and are looking for a SCT to use with it. See below for details & feel free to ask questions. While this ad is up I will continue to have a look for some of the missing components. What is listed below is what I've currently found.

OTA: Meade 8 inch LX-90 f/10 fl=2000mm. Comes with a finder scope but I've lost the mounting bracket. There are Losmandy dovetail plate mounting brackets but I'm using the actual plates so you will have to source you're own. OTA is in good condition save for a few minor scratches sustained when I de-forked it.

LX-90 mount & field tripod: This was the mount that held the above OTA before I de-forked it. It comes with the hand-controller. Mount and tripod are in good condition and still operates.

Please note: These two can be put back together again but you will need to source you're own screws. Unfortunately after 3 house moves I've lost the original screws but you should be able to find them at Bunnings.

I am willing to consider all reasonable offers for all or part. Also, given the weight I will only be accepting pick-up (I'm in Sydney) unless you arrange your own courier.

Regards,

Rene
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1Mount.jpg)
210.0 KB233 views
Click for full-size image (1Mount2.jpg)
199.2 KB190 views
Click for full-size image (1Mount3.jpg)
200.3 KB206 views
Click for full-size image (1OTA.jpg)
190.4 KB214 views
Click for full-size image (1OTA2.jpg)
201.9 KB165 views
Click for full-size image (1OTA3.jpg)
199.8 KB173 views
Click for full-size image (1OTA4.jpg)
178.4 KB204 views

Last edited by RugbyRene; 11-09-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 26-07-2020, 06:40 PM
Travelsignposts (Tony)

Hi Rene,
I realise this is an older model (3 house moves!) not an ACF, how old? I'm reasonably handy with tools, but will this work OK if I put it together?
Anyway, can I get an idea of how much you want for everything (I'm in North Sydney)?
Thanks, Tony
Old 10-09-2020, 08:28 PM
Andrew_F

Hi Rene,

Pm sent.

A